Howie Carr sued by former employee

Thread: Howie Carr sued by former employee

Last edited by MRBIboredop; 11-02-2018 at 01:35 AM.

When I saw Union Leader I thought Jared even before seeing it.

Weird coincidence or not? Carr getting sued for $800k. For years callers to show alleged Howie's salary was "800 large"

Quote Originally Posted by raccoonradio View Post

Weird coincidence or not? Carr getting sued for $800k. For years callers to show alleged Howie's salary was "800 large"
    Here is the plaintiff: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010820201724

Would love to hear Howie's side of this parting of the ways....but, since the agreement seems to carry and non-disparage agreement and a NDA......I doubt we will ever hear the complete story.

Nothing on Jared's social media since during '16 when he went from WFEA morning host (at age of 24) to "Operations Dir. of the Howie Carr Network". He and Howie's family had their pictures taken with Trump. He helped
    promote the ill-fated, brief Curt Schilling show Howie tried to market. At some point this year there was a falling out and he left Howie's employ and the article and the legal complaint has more details on his lawsuit.

WFEA ad for Jared, mornings, Howie, afternoons
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cdl1TWiWEAA80pM.jpg
    Last edited by raccoonradio; 11-02-2018 at 03:15 PM.

The claim Howie attempted to hack his account is laughable, considering Howie is probably the most technically illiterate person I know on the planet.

He still uses a IBM Selectric to type his columns.
    I'm not a broadcast radio industry professional (PG/DB by day, HA by night), but, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express one evening. Now working FT8 on 20/40/80m!

Howie Carr's lawyer says the lawsuit is without merit.The emails sent were marketing to people on his mailing list.
    http://www.unionleader.com/news/cour...lock_id=664688

(File under "chump lyin'"?)
    Last edited by raccoonradio; 11-13-2018 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by raccoonradio View Post
    (File under "chump lyin'"?)
    A basic tenet of any tort action is a plaintiff has a duty to mitigate damages. Thus, at worst case, IMO, even if the court upheld the claim that the marketing emails constituted a breach, the plaintiff would have had a duty to mitigate that breach by "unsubscribing" from the mail chump mailing list, which he did not. So maybe (big maybe) you could claim 1 breach @ $50k.

After reading the court filing and the counter claims, my conclusion is the plaintiff has not been able to find work since his departure and is looking to supplement his income with another "settlement". I'm not seeing how this (publicly) will help his career prospects going forward, though.
    I'm not a broadcast radio industry professional (PG/DB by day, HA by night), but, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express one evening. Now working FT8 on 20/40/80m!