• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KRWM HD channels changes

KRWM (Alias Warm) 106.9 made some changes in their HD channels in the past week. HD2 is now 24/7 Christmas music. HD3 is the new home for a simulcast of KIXI 880. One wonders when the main 106.9 will flip to Christmas music, but for those needing it now, HD2 is the place to be.

On an aside, I had to laugh that 106.1 didn't make any format change. I thought they might flip to Christmas to rebuild Cume. Instead 106.1 in Kennewick flipped to Christmas as Santa 106.1. This is the 250 watt FM in the Tri-Cities that rebroadcasts KALE 960.

KRWM (Alias Warm) 106.9 made some changes in their HD channels in the past week. HD2 is now 24/7 Christmas music. HD3 is the new home for a simulcast of KIXI 880. One wonders when the main 106.9 will flip to Christmas music, but for those needing it now, HD2 is the place to be.

On an aside, I had to laugh that 106.1 didn't make any format change. I thought they might flip to Christmas to rebuild Cume. Instead 106.1 in Kennewick flipped to Christmas as Santa 106.1. This is the 250 watt FM in the Tri-Cities that rebroadcasts KALE 960.

KRWM usually flips the analog/HD-1 channel to Holiday the Friday before Thanksgiving. And when that happens, they sometimes move the regular format to HD-2 and a web stream. They've done this before and I think that's what's happening now. But after the Holidays, are they going to move the Holiday format back to HD-2 for the rest of the year? One can only wonder.....

I mentioned it on the October ratings thread and I'll say it again - could KRWM flip even earlier this year thanks to the sleeper hit that is 'The Sound'?

Now here's something to chew on: What if KRWM (K-Worm) HD-2 remains holiday music AFTER January 1? A station in Phoenix is running Christmas on their HD-2 24/7/365. After all, the new Hubbard Seattle GM came from KCMS/KCIS, where: "Everyday is Christmas".

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom