WISX to Flip Again? - Page 17
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: WISX to Flip Again?

Quote Originally Posted by Miguelito View Post
    I'm sure Mariah's gonna come up any minute.
    OK I take back what I said. LOL they're playing "Last Christmas" from Jimmy Eat World.

Quote Originally Posted by Route 222 View Post
    OK I take back what I said. LOL they're playing "Last Christmas" from Jimmy Eat World.
    It's surprisingly popular, year after year. It used to bug me but I'm OK with it now.
    It ain't no country club either.

Looks like iHeart just launched a "Breeze" in Sacramento. Bet that's about what the new 106.1 logo will look like in a few weeks.

https://fmqb.name/iheartmedia-sacram...-5-the-breeze/

92.5-The-Breeze-logo.jpg
    Andy Gradel
    Misses his former on-air jobs at WPST, WPLY, WRAT, WHTG and Rowan Radio (WGLS), but doesn't miss the bad hours or pay.

So they're playing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" by someone named Gary Hoey. It's apparently a guitar instrumental. Why on earth would they do this? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Miguelito View Post
    So they're playing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" by someone named Gary Hoey. It's apparently a guitar instrumental. Why on earth would they do this? LOL.
    It definitely is a wild Christmas playlist. Either they put a ton of thought into this or no thought at all. LOL

It definitely is a wild Christmas playlist. Either they put a ton of thought into this or no thought at all. LOL
    It certainly doesn't seem to be iHeart's cookie cutter Christmas (Christmas cookie cutter?) format. I mean, what is a Gary Hoey? LOL. I actually looked him up. He's just some who-shot-John guitarist who met Ozzy once. The song that played is 20 years old!

Hello Everyone.

Interesting update on Wikipedia.

"The Breeze
    On November 8, 2018, iHeartMedia, the owner of WISX registered multiple domains pointing to REAL 106.1 flipping formats from Classic Hip Hop to a Soft Adult Contemporary format like its sister station, KISQ on 98.1 FM in San Francisco and its sister station, KBEB on 92.5 FM in Sacramento which will be launching the same brand and format on November 12. This will possibly be the first time in years that the Soft Adult Contemporary as had a home in the Philadelphia radio market.”

Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WISX#The_Breeze

-Greg

Note the kind of Christmas music. No new tunes like B would play. All pre-1970. Sinatra. Burl Ives. Andy Williams.
    Maybe they're recycling the Sunny 104.5 library. That would be great.
    And they're calling it Philadelphia's 106.1. Haven't we had a Philly's 106.1 before and it failed.
    106.1 is trying to lose their classic hip hop audience by playing older Christmas music. Their goal is to get their listeners to tell their parents about 106.1

Quote Originally Posted by nkd View Post
    Maybe they're recycling the Sunny 104.5 library. That would be great.
    And they're calling it Philadelphia's 106.1. Haven't we had a Philly's 106.1 before and it failed.
    106.1 is trying to lose their classic hip hop audience by playing older Christmas music. Their goal is to get their listeners to tell their parents about 106.1
    This ain't Sunny's library! And since they're currently playing Steve Lawrence & Eydie freakin Gorme, I think maybe they're trying to get people to tell their grandparents about 106.1!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg WC View Post
    Hello Everyone.

Interesting update on Wikipedia.

"The Breeze
    On November 8, 2018, iHeartMedia, the owner of WISX registered multiple domains pointing to REAL 106.1 flipping formats from Classic Hip Hop to a Soft Adult Contemporary format like its sister station, KISQ on 98.1 FM in San Francisco and its sister station, KBEB on 92.5 FM in Sacramento which will be launching the same brand and format on November 12. This will possibly be the first time in years that the Soft Adult Contemporary as had a home in the Philadelphia radio market.”

Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WISX#The_Breeze

-Greg
    Except that iHeart registered the domains in October.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast