Is advertising worth it? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is advertising worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by bobdavcav View Post
    That doesn't seem to be the case, as some of the stations I listen to from down there run everything including local commercials on their streams, and I do have some ota airchecks from Orlando with adds, though those particular airchecks don't seem to have that many.
    That's David's point: Some advertisers and stations limit their spots from being web streamed for different reasons. Examples could include where a station sells their streamed inventory separate from the terrestrial. Some advertisers that use union talent to produce the spot are restricted to the market where the spot plays, or one pays a premium in talent fees for each geographical market the spots could be heard.

When Joey Bagodoughnuts Attorney at Law voices his own spot, he doesn't care whether it gets streamed too.

If not you, several people on this board have pointed that out, but at least in this case, I don't think that's the case, as I've heard these both on-air and on streams seemingly with a similar frequency.

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdavcav View Post
    That doesn't seem to be the case, as some of the stations I listen to from down there run everything including local commercials on their streams, and I do have some ota airchecks from Orlando with adds, though those particular airchecks don't seem to have that many.
    The biggest issue is dealing with AFTRA talent voiced ads placed by agencies where the agency would be required to pay additional fees for streaming. In most such cases stations have to prevent those ads from streaming. The can substitute ads or simply sell different ads online.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

My opinion advertising always works, the main thing is to determine the target audience. Radio advertising can be very effective for one business, but not for another. For example, advertising concerts, this type of activity is very effective advertising on the radio. Also through the service of mass SMS sent like BSG. And you need to understand well who will hear your ads on radio! Therefore, I advise to always put yourself in the shoes of your customer and present situation when and in what format, your ads would be informative for you!

We need to also consider advertising takes many forms. From top of mind awareness to price and item limited time sales and everything in between have attributable success but it is often hard to determine.

This really happened in an office I visited when doing sales: The office copier stopped working. The office manager didn't know who to call. One person mentioned a company name. Another employee said they had heard the name of the business before, so they looked up the number and called the company two people had heard of. Obviously it was advertising that made the name familiar. I remember that because I thought it was interesting nobody knew anything about the company but the name was familiar.

Familiar is a very big selling point. Familiar makes a consumer comfortable. If you're grocery shopping would you tend to go to a store you're familiar with or one you're not and when you buy a food item off the grocery shelf do you choose a brand you are familiar with or know nothing about?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234