• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Carts at the Game??

I have some technical questions about 929 the Game. I often listen to WZGC and I wonder are they playing carts?!! The commercials’ volume are noticeably different. You hear a commercial, then sometimes there is a 2 or 4 second delay then the next commercial is barely heard then about 3 or 4 seconds later it. One would assume there is a PC or server playing the commercials. Being a former CBS O & O, in market # 8, they should have all of the national commercials in their PC or server. Even most small market stations can get the commercials volume right.

I have some technical questions about 929 the Game. I often listen to WZGC and I wonder are they playing carts?!! The commercials’ volume are noticeably different. You hear a commercial, then sometimes there is a 2 or 4 second delay then the next commercial is barely heard then about 3 or 4 seconds later it. One would assume there is a PC or server playing the commercials. Being a former CBS O & O, in market # 8, they should have all of the national commercials in their PC or server. Even most small market stations can get the commercials volume right.

They are not using cart machines. I think they're using Wide Orbit now.

The board op is probably running the system in manual mode - that is not uncommon when the format is talk.

The level differences is because the engineer in charge is actually smart enough to not run 1000 db of compression. The CBS stations, if you pay attention, sound really good. Especially V103.
Now allowing some dynamic range does require tighter production and board op skills. Maybe some of them will see this post and pay better attention to levels...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom