• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Christmas music on WLIT

Kind of funny or weird how since you claim you don't care when it turns up on radio that you replied, but it is great that you choose to be your own dj and get to hear only the Christmas songs you want to hear, and not have to hear about every version of Santa baby or over and over again Mariah Caray's all I want for Christmas is you.

You're entitled to your opinion, good Sir. But by means of explanation, the mixes I play are all somewhat different than what WLIT plays. Not to mention that music is uninterrupted other than a very very light sprinkling of vintage mostly PAMS jingles. Most of the playlists are more "traditional"and "spiritual" than what's heard on commercial radio. I have mixes with soft jazz, -country, ochestral, contemporary pop/rock, and everything in between. WLIT rotates songs. I rotate playlists.

It may also be worth noting that right now my Christmas collection is being played sparingly (and actually by request) mixed in with about 2200 oldies/classic jingles.

But I'm with you on Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You" ad nauseum, as well as umpteen different repetitive versions of "Santa Baby" (Make mine Eartha Kitt's. thank you).

And I saw that Robert Feder had a report on out today https://www.robertfeder.com/2018/11/07/lite-fm-starts-christmas-music-thursday/ . and the earliest they have ever started Christmas music on November 2nd, in 2006 and 2007. Can I asked a favor, and I don't care of who, I am very sure that I am not going to be near a radio or a computer, or have any internet access at about 4:05 tomorrow afternoon, can somebody please tune in at about that time, and please reply back what is the first Christmas song that gets played. I am not saying you have to listen long, just longer enough to hear what the first Christmas song of the year they play and who the artist is of that song.

"It's the most wonderful time of the year"

I only have it on because;
1) My kids were all over it this morning asking me to turn on WLIT for Christmas music, so we tuned in and they announced this morning that it would be at 4:05 today.
2) Then just before 4, my wife (with kids), called to tell me to turn it on as they were going to announce the winners of something ($$$), and that she and the kids may be the winners, which they never announced anything, then had santa flip the switch.

So now I have to endure this S&*t for the next two months every darn morning taking them to school...

"It's the most wonderful time of the year"

I only have it on because;
1) My kids were all over it this morning asking me to turn on WLIT for Christmas music, so we tuned in and they announced this morning that it would be at 4:05 today.
2) Then just before 4, my wife (with kids), called to tell me to turn it on as they were going to announce the winners of something ($$$), and that she and the kids may be the winners, which they never announced anything, then had santa flip the switch.

So now I have to endure this S&*t for the next two months every darn morning taking them to school...

Thank you I am assuming that it is Andy Williams' version, as I thought I wasn't home, or near a radio or internet access to have bene able to tune in myself, and so far I haven't turned it yet, I have still have plenty time of as it is still not yet Thanksgiving, and this year it falls on November 22nd.

You're entitled to your opinion, good Sir. But by means of explanation, the mixes I play are all somewhat different than what WLIT plays. Not to mention that music is uninterrupted other than a very very light sprinkling of vintage mostly PAMS jingles. Most of the playlists are more "traditional"and "spiritual" than what's heard on commercial radio. I have mixes with soft jazz, -country, ochestral, contemporary pop/rock, and everything in between. WLIT rotates songs. I rotate playlists.

It may also be worth noting that right now my Christmas collection is being played sparingly (and actually by request) mixed in with about 2200 oldies/classic jingles.

But I'm with you on Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You" ad nauseum, as well as umpteen different repetitive versions of "Santa Baby" (Make mine Eartha Kitt's. thank you).

And you are to you, I ma not saying I don't like listening to Christmas music on cds, as I will do that as well. I am sure my CHirmstas cd collection will not come anywhere near close to you.

Pretty sure it was the Andy Williams version. It certainly wasn't Peabo Bryson. :D

I'm just not there yet. I guess I'm old school and gotta get through Thanksgiving first.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom