Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: KMET License Plate

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by TeaPartyDude View Post
    Sometimes People pick their personalized plates with the intention they will be read backwards in another motorist rearview mirror. In this instance the plate might be read as METK.
    Do you mean, TEMK?

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    S. CA
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by semoochie View Post
    Do you mean, TEMK?

    Yes

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by CTListener View Post
    Or an acronym with a special meaning …
    Analogous situations involving URLs: kcbs.com, originally held by the Kansas City Barbecue Society; and wcbs.com, originally and still held by West Coast Business Systems.
    Plugged into the electric radio

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemosabe View Post
    Analogous situations involving URLs: kcbs.com, originally held by the Kansas City Barbecue Society; and wcbs.com, originally and still held by West Coast Business Systems.
    I remember when MLB teams set up shop on the Web. Most teams got their team names and .com, but Minnesota had to settle for twinsbaseball.com because someone else was doing business as twins.com, and Seattle couldn't pry mariners.com away from the marine supply company that was using it, so the M's had to settle for mariners.org.

  5. #15
    david's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    LBC, California
    Posts
    467
    Quote Originally Posted by CTListener View Post
    I remember when MLB teams set up shop on the Web. Most teams got their team names and .com, but Minnesota had to settle for twinsbaseball.com because someone else was doing business as twins.com, and Seattle couldn't pry mariners.com away from the marine supply company that was using it, so the M's had to settle for mariners.org.
    ....and for years the Angels were angelsbaseball.com as angels.com was originally owned by a registrant in Korea. Today both angelsbaseball.com and angels.com redirect to the team's section on mlb.com.

  6. #16
    Here's another license plate you might enjoy: 010 CUE

  7. #17
    DrAkbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Buckeye Media Hut
    Posts
    4,262
    Quote Originally Posted by semoochie View Post
    Here's another license plate you might enjoy: 010 CUE

    You're welcome!
    Dr. Akbar 'n Nurse Jeff
    The Middle Eastern Men of the Media
    Buckeye, AZ

    Now in our 19th year of posting totally irrelevant comments. Someone had to do it!

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by semoochie View Post
    Here's another license plate you might enjoy: 010 CUE
    ...where AM means Adios, Muchachos!
    The opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers. Retweets are not endorsements.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by CTListener View Post
    I remember when MLB teams set up shop on the Web. Most teams got their team names and .com, but Minnesota had to settle for twinsbaseball.com because someone else was doing business as twins.com, and Seattle couldn't pry mariners.com away from the marine supply company that was using it, so the M's had to settle for mariners.org.
    There was a telecommunications company at twins.com (owned by a pair of twins), but for the past decade or so, the site has been "under construction" or "coming soon", etc, according to archive.org

    mariners.com now redirects to https://www.mlb.com/mariners

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by radiocph View Post
    There was a telecommunications company at twins.com (owned by a pair of twins), but for the past decade or so, the site has been "under construction" or "coming soon", etc, according to archive.org

    mariners.com now redirects to https://www.mlb.com/mariners
    "A pair of twins" seems redundant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

     
Useful Contacts
Community


123