• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KCWX 2 San Antonio - Return Of The Superstation??

The station is an independently owned My Network Afiilliate. This past Friday, they launched a Roku Channel that only has one option - "Watch Now" - which launches a live stream of the station! Everything; programs, commercials - no restrictions, nothing blacked out, and free to all! It almost harkens back to the days when stations like WGN, WOR, WSBK, etc. did the same thing via Satellite and Cable Systems everywhere before Syndex came along. So, is this the future? All TV stations anywhere and everywhere via streaming devices?

The station is an independently owned My Network Afiilliate. This past Friday, they launched a Roku Channel that only has one option - "Watch Now" - which launches a live stream of the station! Everything; programs, commercials - no restrictions, nothing blacked out, and free to all! It almost harkens back to the days when stations like WGN, WOR, WSBK, etc. did the same thing via Satellite and Cable Systems everywhere before Syndex came along. So, is this the future? All TV stations anywhere and everywhere via streaming devices?

This is a good question for the Internet TV board. I would definitely like to see it happen. There are times though other than when MNTV and possibly local shows is on that it is blocked at least for my area in West TN.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom