Thread: KCWX 2 San Antonio - Return Of The Superstation??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

KCWX 2 San Antonio - Return Of The Superstation??

The station is an independently owned My Network Afiilliate. This past Friday, they launched a Roku Channel that only has one option - "Watch Now" - which launches a live stream of the station! Everything; programs, commercials - no restrictions, nothing blacked out, and free to all! It almost harkens back to the days when stations like WGN, WOR, WSBK, etc. did the same thing via Satellite and Cable Systems everywhere before Syndex came along. So, is this the future? All TV stations anywhere and everywhere via streaming devices?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliRadioFan View Post
    The station is an independently owned My Network Afiilliate. This past Friday, they launched a Roku Channel that only has one option - "Watch Now" - which launches a live stream of the station! Everything; programs, commercials - no restrictions, nothing blacked out, and free to all! It almost harkens back to the days when stations like WGN, WOR, WSBK, etc. did the same thing via Satellite and Cable Systems everywhere before Syndex came along. So, is this the future? All TV stations anywhere and everywhere via streaming devices?
    This is a good question for the Internet TV board. I would definitely like to see it happen. There are times though other than when MNTV and possibly local shows is on that it is blocked at least for my area in West TN.