Oldies on 106.3 FM

Thread: Oldies on 106.3 FM

Oldies on 106.3 FM

I live in Flushing Queens and am hearing oldies loud and clear on 106.3 FM. There were no liners or an ID at the top of the hour.

Is this the translator from Long Island City?

May I assume that this is format is a placeholder?

Thanks

If you are not hearing any TOH ID whatsoever it sounds like a pirate. If memory serves me correctly, translators don't have to id every hour, but every other kind of station does.

they are airing national commercials.

I'm out of range of the signal.
    But my guess is that it is indeed the Long Island City translator, simulcasting WVIP HD3. I believe that channel is airing the syndicated America's Best Music service. It is actually EZ listening, rather than oldies. There are commercials, but no dj's.
    And yes, if that is what is being broadcast, it is probably a placeholder.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceNYC View Post
    I live in Flushing Queens and am hearing oldies loud and clear on 106.3 FM.
    That's not an area I ever get out to but 4 watts at that height would do fairly well and even better were it not for pirates... but we all know how that goes, "free for all!"

I've heard that programming on WVIP-HD3. As Barry said, just filler until someone comes along and leases it. Don't get too attached to it.

Does WVIP-HD3 do a legal ID? If not, that's their screwup. If so, then what Bruce is hearing is indeed likely a pirate. Is W292DV from Manhattan currently on the air?

Quote Originally Posted by JBraddock View Post
    Does WVIP-HD3 do a legal ID? If not, that's their screwup. If so, then what Bruce is hearing is indeed likely a pirate. Is W292DV from Manhattan currently on the air?
    I have not heard any legal ID on WVIP-HD3. It's just the network feed with no local inserts whatsoever.