New Positioners for Kicks and Star

Thread: New Positioners for Kicks and Star

New Positioners for Kicks and Star

Kicks 101-5 and Star 94-1 each have a new program director, Brian Thomas at Kicks and Ron Roberts at Star.

Both stations sound good though neither sounds that different from under their former PD's. But Kicks is now "Georgia's Better Country," and Star is now "More Hits, Your Hits."

I'm still hearing the "Today's Hits" positioning in Star's imaging so I'm not sure if the station is in the process of transitioning, or it's going to continue to use both. The jock who makes the most use of "More Hits, Your Hits" is Mr. Roberts himself on his weekend (I assume VTed) shows and filling in during the week.

I wonder whether these lines came out of focus groups and how important positioners are in the entire scheme of things. Comments anyone?

Listening to Star I've been noticing a number of creative touches in the imaging and formatics. I get the idea that Mr. Roberts is creative. He's also a very good jock.

Quote Originally Posted by RoddyFreeman View Post
    Kicks 101-5 and Star 94-1 each have a new program director, Brian Thomas at Kicks and Ron Roberts at Star.

Both stations sound good though neither sounds that different from under their former PD's. But Kicks is now "Georgia's Better Country," and Star is now "More Hits, Your Hits."

I'm still hearing the "Today's Hits" positioning in Star's imaging so I'm not sure if the station is in the process of transitioning, or it's going to continue to use both. The jock who makes the most use of "More Hits, Your Hits" is Mr. Roberts himself on his weekend (I assume VTed) shows and filling in during the week.

I wonder whether these lines came out of focus groups and how important positioners are in the entire scheme of things. Comments anyone?

Listening to Star I've been noticing a number of creative touches in the imaging and formatics. I get the idea that Mr. Roberts is creative. He's also a very good jock.
    Maybe Ron will bring back Rick Dees Weekly Top 40 on the weekends over at Star. It’s a long shot but one can only hope.

Can someone list me all the different positioners Star 94 has used over the past 15 years? There have been a LOT...

Quote Originally Posted by rohocop2121 View Post
    Can someone list me all the different positioners Star 94 has used over the past 15 years? There have been a LOT...
    Oh, wow. Not sure I remember all of them correctly, and I could be missing a couple:

Today's hit music - Steve & Vikki days

Your life and your music are on Star 94

Today's best hits without the rap

Today's hits

Today's best mix (could have been Atlanta's best mix...not sure)

Today's hits (again)

More hits, your hits

Oh, wow. Not sure I remember all of them correctly, and I could be missing a couple:

Today's hit music - Steve & Vikki days

Your life and your music are on Star 94

Today's best hits without the rap

Today's hits

Today's best mix (could have been Atlanta's best mix...not sure)

Today's hits (again)

More hits, your hits
    Also, remember they changed from Star 94 to Star 94-1 when they launched the Jeff & Jenn show.

Also, remember they changed from Star 94 to Star 94-1 when they launched the Jeff & Jenn show.
    A Better Variety of Today’s Hit Music. I believe this was used after they segued away from their 2 year Mainstream Top 40 stint from 1992-1994.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioDoogie View Post
    A Better Variety of Today’s Hit Music. I believe this was used after they segued away from their 2 year Mainstream Top 40 stint from 1992-1994.
    You are right, RD. That was the line during the Steve & Vikki days. (I left off a few words.)

Star goes through more program directors than a snake sheds skin.
    USA Dance Mix Atlanta's 24/7 streaming Dance station. (Dance-Disco-House 1977 to today) iTUNES (Electronica section), Tunein, Streema, Nobex, Ootunes, etc.

Windows Media Player
    http://panel9.serverhostingcenter.co...n/zlqkzgeq.asx
    Winamp Player
    http://panel9.serverhostingcenter.co...n/zlqkzgeq.pls
    Real Player
    http://panel9.serverhostingcenter.co...n/zlqkzgeq.ram
    Quicktime Player
    http://panel9.serverhostingcenter.co...n/zlqkzgeq.qtl

Personally, I've always hated the “Better Country” positioner.

My grandmother taught piano, and, even though I never really picked it up, she’d always say, “Good, better, best. Never let it rest till your good gets better, and your better gets best!”

By advertising you’re better, you’re implying that you’re not as good as you could be and/or that you’re not as good as a competitor. I want to puke every time I hear it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    Personally, I've always hated the “Better Country” positioner.

My grandmother taught piano, and, even though I never really picked it up, she’d always say, “Good, better, best. Never let it rest till your good gets better, and your better gets best!”

By advertising you’re better, you’re implying that you’re not as good as you could be and/or that you’re not as good as a competitor. I want to puke every time I hear it!
    Or that you're better than The Bull.