What happened to CBS Evening News audio on WBZ-AM Boston Medford radio 1030 ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What happened to CBS Evening News audio on WBZ-AM Boston Medford radio 1030 ?

I was hoping it was gone entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by alg2468 View Post
    The CBS Evening News is still on WBZ-AM, but it's now on only at 7:30 PM.
    That allows listeners to "watch" roughly 90 minutes of TV news on the radio in the evening: The PBS NewsHour on WGBH (6:00-7:00) and the CBS Evening News (7:30) on WBZ.
    Plugged into the electric radio

Quote Originally Posted by thezak View Post
    What happened to CBS Evening News audio at 6:30pm and 7:30pm on WBZ-AM Boston Medford radio 1030 ?... Has CBS Evening News audio moved to another time? Moved to another Eastern Massachusetts radio station?
    Iheart has owned WBZ-AM for nearly 1 year now since Entercom had to divest WBZ-AM plus some of their Sacramento and San Francisco Entercom outlets to get the CBS Radio deal approved.
    My take here is that since Iheart owns the station and Iheart wants their own content cleared on their stations like NBC News Radio an Iheart production over their competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioPatrol View Post
    iHeart has owned WBZ-AM for nearly 1 year now since Entercom had to divest WBZ-AM plus some of their Sacramento and San Francisco Entercom outlets to get the CBS Radio deal approved.
    My take here is that since iHeart owns the station, iHeart wants their own content cleared on their stations, like NBC News Radio, an iHeart product, over their competitors.
    Can't really argue with your logic here, since even LA's KNX, now owned by Entercom, reportedly dropped the audio from 60 Minutes and is carrying NBC's Meet The Press now.

My guess would be that in 2019 WBZ-AM drops the audio of The CBS Evening News and 60 Minutes. I just hope they are able to maintain a mutually-beneficial working arrangement with WBZ-TV, since these two outlets had been in the same family, not to mention the same building, for 70 years, and still share the same root call letters.

Initially when iHeart took over WBZ, the WBZ-TV stories and reporters seemed to almost completely disappear. In the last several weeks, I have heard many reporters again from the TV side on 1030.

In fact, when the weather is bad, even the meteorologists from the TV side have been heard again. They're not in place of accuweather but with reports at the top and bottom of the hour about conditions.

KYW 1060 in Philly airs the CBS Evening news at 6:30 PM and 8 PM, Monday-Friday, 60 Minutes and Face the Nation on Sundays.
    Julius May, Philadelphia PA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12