• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WEEI: Mut in the Morning?

Last Friday the Kirk & Callahan Twitter posted that Mike Mutnansky is now permanently part of the K&C show.

Is this for real?

I didn't see it anywhere on WEEI.com and they still list the 6 pm show as "Mut at Night," even though on air they've been calling it "WEEI at Night" for a few weeks.

It's been a long time --probably pre-summer-- since I've heard them. I gather Kirk has returned? Mut addition - not an easy crew to deal with at 6am.

It's been a long time --probably pre-summer-- since I've heard them. I gather Kirk has returned? Mut addition - not an easy crew to deal with at 6am.

Kirk has not returned as of Tuesday although last week Callahan mentioned Kirk would probably be back this week.

Kirk likes to post cryptic tweets about management. He is a bit of a diva.
Where would he move to? He has done well on WEEI after Dennis became a joke, but I don't think his talent and draw are big enough to make up for the advantages of doing morning drive for a sports station in Boston.

Kirk likes to post cryptic tweets about management. He is a bit of a diva.
Where would he move to? He has done well on WEEI after Dennis became a joke, but I don't think his talent and draw are big enough to make up for the advantages of doing morning drive for a sports station in Boston.

"Bit of a diva??" There's some understatement! He hints that he'd jump to Barstool, but I don't know if that's for real.

I 100% want Minihane to be OK, but I am not a fan of the show since he got involved with it.
With D&C it was a sports talk show with a bunch of other topics thrown in, but since it became K&C it's been a show that spends most of its time talking about the show or other people on the station. Somehow this has helped the ratings, but then again I never got the appeal of Howard Stern, either.

I 100% want Minihane to be OK, but I am not a fan of the show since he got involved with it.
With D&C it was a sports talk show with a bunch of other topics thrown in, but since it became K&C it's been a show that spends most of its time talking about the show or other people on the station. Somehow this has helped the ratings, but then again I never got the appeal of Howard Stern, either.
That's exactly the thing that drove me away from WEEI in general, and the AM drive show in particular...and into the open, loving arms of 98.5:D

most of its time talking about the show or other people on the station.

It's probably fairly even amongst their male target demo --98.5,93.7-- and a slight edge to EEI if you must count the "Westerly stick." Where EEI has made it's determination is, to talk about conflicts, which draw women.

If you put sports in the background and talking about psychiatrists, violence, Schilling, et al. women would rather listen to that than RS,Bru,Celt,. Patriots are another category.

As for "Mut" I'm surprised he survived some stuff that somebody in TV likely would not.

Speaking of WEEI this from Tom Taylor:
" World Series radio-booth power outage – at a crucial moment of Game 2
The signal disappeared with “the Boston Red Sox mounting a fifth-inning, bases-loaded rally,” says Yahoo Sports - just as designated hitter J.D. Martinez made the well-placed hit that put the Red Sox ahead of the L.A. Dodgers. It appears the electricity went out on three radio feeds from Boston’s Fenway Park – ESPN Radio, Entercom’s Red Sox flagship WEEI-FM/93.7, and the Spanish-language broadcast of the Dodgers. Mark Townsend at Yahoo Sports says “Credit to the crews involved for doing their best to never lose stride – especially ESPN Radio play-by-play man Dan Shulman.” Fan Matt Present tweeted this – “ESPN Radio losing power in the booth and @DShulman_ESPN calling a go-ahead hit through a cellphone was one of the coolest things I’ve ever heard!”

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom