Atlanta Ratings - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Atlanta Ratings

When 97.1 started 96 Rock was a very viable classic rock station.
    96Rock's ratings as a Classic Rocker were unimpressive and nowhere near what 97.1 The River has been able to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkW View Post
    96Rock's ratings as a Classic Rocker were unimpressive and nowhere near what 97.1 The River has been able to achieve.
    96 Rock also had to compete with Z93 before 92.9 flipped to Dave FM, and to a lesser extent 99X.
    "When broadcasting over the radio, there are certain words we must omit.
    Like 'BEEP' and 'BUZZ' and 'GOBBLE-GOBBLE', by gosh we can't even say shhhhhaving cream!"

Quote Originally Posted by MarkW View Post
    I just wish they'd be less white. Some people might stay tuned for Marvin Gaye, Prince, Aretha, Tina Turner, Michael Jackson, The O'Jay's and Bob Marley.

16 hours of programming today, and Hendrix was the lone non-white act.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalTender View Post
    I just wish they'd be less white. Some people might stay tuned for Marvin Gaye, Prince, Aretha, Tina Turner, Michael Jackson, The O'Jay's and Bob Marley.

16 hours of programming today, and Hendrix was the lone non-white act.
    They do play Living Colour and Mother's Finest from time to time.
    "When broadcasting over the radio, there are certain words we must omit.
    Like 'BEEP' and 'BUZZ' and 'GOBBLE-GOBBLE', by gosh we can't even say shhhhhaving cream!"

The River has always been the station folks love to hate on this board going back to the early days of this boards existence. The River is a safe classic rock station. Safe because it plays the hits. Unlike classic hits stations, it tends the lean more rock. Some lean more variety hits and other lean more mellow (singer/song writer) like The Bridge on Sirius XM. The River has found that niche that plays the most familiar classic rock hits of the 70s and 80s with a few 90s sprinkled in. The River has tried to incorporate more 90s but folks tend to reject it, it seems. Hey, us radio geeks might despise a 150 song playlist station on repeat but the long term successful ratings prove it works.

Rock 100.5, is more true “classic rock” to me that digs deeper and I would say the Carrollton station 98.9 is a true classic hits station with a variety from Zeppelin and Pink Floyd to Disco and R&B.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234