An online return of the original KNX-FM! - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: An online return of the original KNX-FM!

Quote Originally Posted by LKellerIII View Post
    I hadn't heard about this film, and have no idea who the cast will be, but I'm imaging Samuel L. Jackson saying a lot of "M_____F______ers" while spilling a lot of fake blood, KHJ air checks in the sound track. Maybe Tarantino could bring back comedian Steven Wright to do some DJ bits. He couldn't do RDS...Humble Harve, maybe?
    Tarantino I can only wait for the other shoe to drop on this dude. The metoo movement has overlooked this guy. The only reason he cast Sam Jackson all the time is so he can getaway with the liberal use of the "N Word".

Quote Originally Posted by LKellerIII View Post
    I hadn't heard about this film, and have no idea who the cast will be, but I'm imaging Samuel L. Jackson saying a lot of "M_____F______ers" while spilling a lot of fake blood, KHJ air checks in the sound track. Maybe Tarantino could bring back comedian Steven Wright to do some DJ bits. He couldn't do RDS...Humble Harve, maybe?

Llew: Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio as a faded TV actor and his stunt double in a changing Hollywood is the one-sentence synopsis. Given the accuracy he's exhibiting in re-creating storefronts, advertising and other elements of 1960s L.A., I'd bet against his having someone play a KHJ jock. That's why he wanted as many unscoped 1969 KHJ airchecks as he could get his hands on.

Samuel L. Jackson is not in the cast. Kurt Russell, Al Pacino and Bruce Dern are.

Quote Originally Posted by michael hagerty View Post
    Turns out it is on the TuneIn App. Drove home listening to it last night. The guys behind this are Dale Berg, Pat Veling and James Cole. Cole's dad was Vice President of CBS' FM group and oversaw KNX-FM. It appears the story Don Barrett told that ChannelFlipper referenced about keeping New York in the dark regarding what KNX-FM was doing was apocryphal. Cole's dad got regular airchecks from KNX-FM, which is how James came to know and love the station.
    Great for them. Found them on TuneIn as well.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567