• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Orofino Move: Why?

multiplex

Frequent Participant
Anyone know why KLER-FM, Orofino, is moving from 95.1 to 103.1? I don't know if they've moved yet, but I read that it was approved.

Anyone know why KLER-FM, Orofino, is moving from 95.1 to 103.1? I don't know if they've moved yet, but I read that it was approved.

Not sure who is getting a move in...but I would guess that there is some shuffling going on....

JEFFERY C. JONES dba CENTRAL IDAHO BROADCASTING is the licensee of FM Broadcast Station KLER-FM,
Orofino, Idaho. KLER-FM has been directed to file this application in response to a Commission order of April 20, 2018
assigning FM Channel 277C3 to KLER-FM at Orofino, Idaho.1

Here is the scoop. KPND in Sandpoint, ID wants to go from 50K to 100K. They are at 95.3 Only way to do that is to move 95.1 I can assume that some buckets of $$ were sent to Orofino for a new Antenna system and maybe a transmitter too. Now KPND can cover SpoCompton and make that money back lickety-split.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom