WBEN music

Thread: WBEN music

WBEN music

I was listening to WBEN this morning and I heard Beyoncé,Adele,Kelly Clarkson, Black Eyed Peas and Maroon 5 on the station. It looks like the pop music is coming back again.

Quote Originally Posted by CassChopper96 View Post
    I was listening to WBEN this morning and I heard Beyoncé,Adele,Kelly Clarkson, Black Eyed Peas and Maroon 5 on the station. It looks like the pop music is coming back again.
    Had they been temporarily doing something different? I just looked over their playlist from today and it looks like typical BEN-FM to me.

None of these songs stand out TOO much to me in terms of playlist. BEN is a little more unique, and hasn't strayed TOO pop, but those songs are Gold and must test will enough to be in the rotation. If they started spiking in "In Da Club" then I'd be a little concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by atthestars View Post
    None of these songs stand out TOO much to me in terms of playlist. BEN is a little more unique, and hasn't strayed TOO pop, but those songs are Gold and must test will enough to be in the rotation. If they started spiking in "In Da Club" then I'd be a little concerned.
    Yeah, the only things I see literally all day that could be considered risks aren't very risky by BEN's established standards. (Funky Cold Medina, Finally [CeCe Peniston], Baby Got Back, and Bust A Move.)

I wondered if they did anything to their playlist. I’m hearing songs that had not been played for a long time. I’m driving from work

They played Nelly and the backstreet boys
    Last edited by CassChopper96; 10-12-2018 at 08:15 PM.

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    I wondered if they did anything to their playlist. I’m hearing songs that had not been played for a long time. I’m driving from work

They played Nelly and the backstreet boys
    Stations of that type "test" their music library several times a year, often in the January to March and the August to September periods. They check the current library, plus lots of "what if" opportunities. Once the stations get the results, you will see changes in songs and in rotations as the test is implemented. Sounds like WBEN just got a test done!
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.