• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WBEN music

I was listening to WBEN this morning and I heard Beyoncé,Adele,Kelly Clarkson, Black Eyed Peas and Maroon 5 on the station. It looks like the pop music is coming back again.

I was listening to WBEN this morning and I heard Beyoncé,Adele,Kelly Clarkson, Black Eyed Peas and Maroon 5 on the station. It looks like the pop music is coming back again.

Had they been temporarily doing something different? I just looked over their playlist from today and it looks like typical BEN-FM to me.

None of these songs stand out TOO much to me in terms of playlist. BEN is a little more unique, and hasn't strayed TOO pop, but those songs are Gold and must test will enough to be in the rotation. If they started spiking in "In Da Club" then I'd be a little concerned.

None of these songs stand out TOO much to me in terms of playlist. BEN is a little more unique, and hasn't strayed TOO pop, but those songs are Gold and must test will enough to be in the rotation. If they started spiking in "In Da Club" then I'd be a little concerned.

Yeah, the only things I see literally all day that could be considered risks aren't very risky by BEN's established standards. (Funky Cold Medina, Finally [CeCe Peniston], Baby Got Back, and Bust A Move.)

I wondered if they did anything to their playlist. I’m hearing songs that had not been played for a long time. I’m driving from work

They played Nelly and the backstreet boys

Last edited:
I wondered if they did anything to their playlist. I’m hearing songs that had not been played for a long time. I’m driving from work

They played Nelly and the backstreet boys

Stations of that type "test" their music library several times a year, often in the January to March and the August to September periods. They check the current library, plus lots of "what if" opportunities. Once the stations get the results, you will see changes in songs and in rotations as the test is implemented. Sounds like WBEN just got a test done!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom