• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Ryan Cameron Heads Back to Radio One

I received a press release yesterday from a Radio One salesperson saying Atlanta radio icon Ryan Cameron will be taking over afternoon drive on Majic 107-5/97-5 starting on November 5. He also will "leverage and develop his brand" using Urban One's TV and digital assets (whatever that means).

Ryan left the morning show at V-103 earlier this year to become a partner at branding firm Threaded, where he will apparently continue to be in the earlier part of the day.

Ryan started in evenings on V-103 after being discovered by Mike Roberts. He then was morning man Radio One's WKYS in DC and then on Hot 107-9. He is very, very talented.

At Majic, he will replace SiMan, who is an excellent personality and a great guy.

I received a press release yesterday from a Radio One salesperson saying Atlanta radio icon Ryan Cameron will be taking over afternoon drive on Majic 107-5/97-5 starting on November 5. He also will "leverage and develop his brand" using Urban One's TV and digital assets (whatever that means).

Ryan left the morning show at V-103 earlier this year to become a partner at branding firm Threaded, where he will apparently continue to be in the earlier part of the day.

Ryan started in evenings on V-103 after being discovered by Mike Roberts. He then was morning man Radio One's WKYS in DC and then on Hot 107-9. He is very, very talented.

At Majic, he will replace SiMan, who is an excellent personality and a great guy.

Ryan seemed to be better at afternoons than mornings. He was great at V103 in the afternoon but was never able to be "middle of the road" enough to replace Frank Ski on the morning show. Ryan seemed uncomfortable talking about community issues and politics...he was really a comedian at heart and not a Doo Doo Brown redux.
Ryan is smart and extremely talented. Urban One made a good move bringing him back.
What happens to Si-Man? Surely they are keeping him too?!

Yes. SiMan and Chubb will shift to 6-10PM. The evening hours on Majic have been automated up to now. I suppose with the station's improved ratings (and presumably billings) they are able to rationalize hiring live talent for evenings.

It’ll be interesting to hear what SiMan and Chubb Rock will bring to the night shift. Most Urban AC stations tend to play slower R&B music after 7pm. With 3 other Urbans AC including sister station Classix 102.5, i dont see Majic doing slow songs. An interesting idea would be to do “Diggin’ in the Crates” weeknights as they do Friday evenings at 7pm. When Boom 102.9 signed off the social media response was huge. Classic Hip Hop at nights wouldn’t be a bad idea.

I apparently have a correction to make. I was told by someone at Radio One that SiMan and Chubb Rock will move to 6-10PM. However, I saw SiMan inducted into the Georgia Radio Hall of Fame tonight, and in his speech he said he's leaving Radio One next week.

So...I stand corrected.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom