• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Fox News and NPR contributor Juan Williams accused in Newsweek article

Fire him he is guilty

Are you a witness?

I don't understand why NPR is even a part of this article. He was never fired from the Post. He WAS fired from NPR. If it was a scandal at the Post (which was never proven), there wasn't one at NPR, and he was also hired by Fox. What's the point? If the article is targeting Williams, that's one thing. But then it goes on to implicate NPR, as if they shouldn't have hired him. They go back and get quotes from someone at the Post, but there are no quotes from anyone at either NPR or Fox about his behavior. In fact while the article mentions O'Reilly, it doesn't say that he was one of many who were accused of inappropriate behavior at Fox. The Fox situation is far more relevant than NPR, since he still works there. It makes no sense.

I don't understand why NPR is even a part of this article.

You'd have to ask the editors at Newsweek (which, BTW, is not exactly part of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy). I led with Fox in my tagline as that is where he is currently employed.

Whether NPR should be hiring such people using our tax dollars is a reasonable point of debate, I think.

Last edited:
Whether NPR should be hiring such people using our tax dollars is a reasonable point of debate, I think.

Just a reminder there are two accused sex abusers on the Supreme Court and one in the White House. Plus a few in Congress. All of them, including Juan Williams, claim they're innocent. None of them have been charged with anything. And they all get paid with tax dollars. So what should we take from that as taxpayers?

Just a reminder there are two accused sex abusers on the Supreme Court and one in the White House. Plus a few in Congress. All of them, including Juan Williams, claim they're innocent. None of them have been charged with anything. And they all get paid with tax dollars. So what should we take from that as taxpayers?

Amen!

The voters hired Bill Clinton too for that matter.

I have no idea if the allegations against Williams are true or not.
This thread is about people in broadcasting who are accused of such offenses.
The degree to which any of them are true or not likely runs the gamut.

Are you willing to go through every thread in this section and apply the same standard?

Are you willing to go through every thread in this section and apply the same standard?

Sure, and if you look at some of them, such as Moonves, Scott Baio, and a few others, you'll see I've pointed out that no charges were ever brought, no proof was ever given, and there was no reason to demand that person lose his job. We have been told by our government that there is a presumption of innocence that should be applied in all of these cases, and we shouldn't rush to judgement. The one thing Juan Williams hasn't done was attack or ridicule his accuser.

That $130K payment to Stormy Daniels is Trump's "Blue Dress with a little stain on it."

Let's stop steering this to politics with no broadcast tie or connection.

Please read the yellow header box on this forum.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom