• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Boston Radio Ratings September 2018.

Don't know what Beasley would put on 92.9 instead of alternative. If it bills OK it may stay. It's the backup station for play by play conflicts. Does it have college age listeners?

--
Spinal Tap:
Ian Faith:
The Boston gig has been cancelled...

David St. Hubbins:
What?

Ian Faith:
Yeah. I wouldn't worry about it though, it's not a big college town.
-------------------
Are college students included in ratings surveys? I remember reading many years ago that the old WCAS 740 had many college age listeners, and "if they were ever included in
ratings surveys, Time magazine may wind up beating a path to WCAS' door"...

Maybe they could Entercom's LBGTQ format on it.

Meanwhile, cross promotion amongst the iHearts--RKO PM drive running promos, "Now trending on WBZ Newsradio" with headlines.

Also occurs during Barry Armstrong's program 'tween 10:00 AM and noon on 'RKO. I don't believe this is being done (yet) for 'RKO's AM Show.

The VO announcer (not the actual news reader) who proclaims "Now trending on WBZ Newsradio" sounds like Michael Coleman, or at least that's who I hope it is.

Meanwhile, cross promotion amongst the iHearts--RKO PM drive running promos, "Now trending on WBZ Newsradio" with headlines.

I think it's a good idea. That way if something major happens that isn't being covered in the talk shows, listeners have an option to keep up with the news. It's like the news updates in the NPR shows.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom