Boston Radio Ratings September 2018.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boston Radio Ratings September 2018.

Boston Radio Ratings September 2018.

https://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb013

WXKS #1 again.

WHJY FM makes an appearance in the low numbers.
    When was the last time that happened ?

I wonder if they changed something ?
    Look at all the out of market stations at the bottom.

RKO up a little bit, probably because

1. they dumped ramsey; 2. k0000nah was on vacation; or 3. there were a lot of holidays so the regular morning crew wasn't on the air
    I'm not a broadcast radio industry professional (PG/DB by day, HA by night), but, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express one evening. Now working FT8 on 20/40/80m!

Quote Originally Posted by freqlost View Post
    https://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb013

WHJY FM makes an appearance in the low numbers.
    When was the last time that happened ?

I wonder if they changed something ?
    Look at all the out of market stations at the bottom.
    WHJY, along with many of the major Providence stations, regularly shows in the lower reaches of the Boston ranker. In fact, over the last two years, July 2018 was the only month in which it did not register.

WXLO has more listeners than WBOS. An obvious sign that alternative on 92.9 needs to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomgsinger View Post
    WXLO has more listeners than WBOS. An obvious sign that alternative on 92.9 needs to stop.
    How so? WXLO is a city-grade signal in much of Metro-West, and it programs the safest, most mass-appeal format there is. Probably nearly as many fans of adult contemporary music in Metro-West alone than there are fans of the dry, rattling husk of current rock that alt represents in the entire market.

Don't know what Beasley would put on 92.9 instead of alternative. If it bills OK it may stay. It's the backup station for play by play conflicts. Does it have college age listeners?

--
    Spinal Tap:
    Ian Faith:
    The Boston gig has been cancelled...

David St. Hubbins:
    What?

Ian Faith:
    Yeah. I wouldn't worry about it though, it's not a big college town.
    -------------------
    Are college students included in ratings surveys? I remember reading many years ago that the old WCAS 740 had many college age listeners, and "if they were ever included in
    ratings surveys, Time magazine may wind up beating a path to WCAS' door"...

Quote Originally Posted by raccoonradio View Post
    Are college students included in ratings surveys? I remember reading many years ago that the old WCAS 740 had many college age listeners, ...
    I was one of them, even had my dad send me reels of 'CAS on tape for me to listen to at Syracuse!

Good question about college students and ratings. A ratings household is supposed to include all members of that household -- but what if mother, father, little sister and little brother are in Portland or Pittsburgh or Pasadena, but the eldest child is away at BU or MIT? Do the parents send a meter out to the kid, or is he a non-person when the family's listening is tallied for the ratings?

What I'd heard was "should we count someone who's from out of town and temporarily living in the area while they go to school?"

Quote Originally Posted by CTListener View Post
    A ratings household is supposed to include all members of that household --
    My understanding is the household thing only applies to TV, not radio. And I believe one needs to be a permanent resident.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomgsinger View Post
    Not happening.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast