• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Phoners

Dying_Industry

Inactive
Inactive User
Hello friends and colleagues: Years ago at a low budget station, I recall a talented engineer had wired the studio phone line to a channel on the board and the result was I could press "on" on the board phone channel and it would answer the phone and trigger Cool Edit to begin recording, while the mic was potted down. I recall it was a mostly hands free setup. Is this possible or am I misremembering such a configuration?

Hello friends and colleagues: Years ago at a low budget station, I recall a talented engineer had wired the studio phone line to a channel on the board and the result was I could press "on" on the board phone channel and it would answer the phone and trigger Cool Edit to begin recording, while the mic was potted down. I recall it was a mostly hands free setup. Is this possible or am I misremembering such a configuration?

Anything is possible, most likely using the channel’s relay to trigger the computer’s serial port that through software activates the recording function on cool edit. Well that how I would do it at least. Think of the “On Air” light scenario, you turn on mic channel, relay closes which triggers the light to turn on. Replace light with anything you can imagine. Just my two cents.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom