Jed the Fish

Thread: Jed the Fish

Jed the Fish

He's on KLOS tonight. How long has that been going on?

Quote Originally Posted by djacobs101098 View Post
    He's on KLOS tonight. How long has that been going on?
    Apparently since July:

https://twitter.com/jedfishgould/sta...70195027251200

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    Wow, did you see the schedule log? I am sure it is nothing unusual for most radio stations, but there is never two songs in a row without a sweeper or DJ yacking. And six minute commercial breaks. No wonder I never listen to them anymore (and I am for sure the target audience - my kind of music and I am still in demo). But c'mon times have changed, we all have less time than we used to and mine in particular can't be given over to a schedule like that. I have multiple SiriusXM subscriptions for car and home and it is money very well spent.

Of course the 6 minute commercial breaks have nothing on the 13 minute breaks Howard Stern used to have.

The 6 minutes of commercials come after more than 20 minutes of music. But if you prefer, they can put 1 minute between each song. That's what they used to do on KHJ.

If you don't want a DJ yacking, why hire Jed The Fish? I keep reading people want live & local talent.

The 6 minutes of commercials come after more than 20 minutes of music. But if you prefer, they can put 1 minute between each song. That's what they used to do on KHJ.

If you don't want a DJ yacking, why hire Jed The Fish? I keep reading people want live & local talent.
    And as for Howard Stern - though I was never a fan, I remember hearing a long hysterical segment Stern did one morning when he was still on terrestrial radio, with the movie critics Ebert and Roeper. The segment had already begun when I tuned in on my commute, and it was still going - without commercial interruption - 35 minutes later when I arrived at work. So maybe that explained the 13 minute commercial brea. Gotta pay the bills at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by LKellerIII View Post
    So maybe that explained the 13 minute commercial brea. Gotta pay the bills at some point.
    That's how it works. Two breaks an hour, 6 minutes each. Far less than what you get on TV. And you're paying for TV.

That's how it works. Two breaks an hour, 6 minutes each. Far less than what you get on TV. And you're paying for TV.
    LOL record everything on TV; watch it delayed and skip through the commercials VOILA!! And don't listen to commercial radio, listen to non-coms. Sure you'll hear some "commercials" and/or sweepers, some "commercials" are underwritten by corporations/businesses and then you enjoy mostly commercial-free uninterrupted programming (music or talk). AND of COURSE, put your $$$ where your ears are, I am getting ready to support the Pledge Drive on 88.5 FM

Quote Originally Posted by LKellerIII View Post
    And as for Howard Stern - though I was never a fan, I remember hearing a long hysterical segment Stern did one morning when he was still on terrestrial radio, with the movie critics Ebert and Roeper. The segment had already begun when I tuned in on my commute, and it was still going - without commercial interruption - 35 minutes later when I arrived at work. So maybe that explained the 13 minute commercial brea. Gotta pay the bills at some point.
    That is my experience with Stern too. I am definitely not a fan and find him in general to be quite repulsive in that he represents the lowest of the base human qualities. I always want people to strive to be better, Stern strives to be more disgusting. It is a sad state of affairs that he has become rich by knowing that is what the audience really wants and giving it to them.

That said, every now and then I would tune in as he has a very good knack for story-telling and how to keep ears peeled to the radio. Years ago when he was on in the morning and I would return home from my work graveyard shift I would find myself listening to him in the car for awhile well after I arrived just to hear him finish his (usually) very long - but interesting - story.

John, I'm getting ready to donate once again to 88.5FM

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRadioFan View Post
    LOL record everything on TV; watch it delayed and skip through the commercials VOILA!! And don't listen to commercial radio, listen to non-coms. Sure you'll hear some "commercials" and/or sweepers, some "commercials" are underwritten by corporations/businesses and then you enjoy mostly commercial-free uninterrupted programming (music or talk). AND of COURSE, put your $$$ where your ears are, I am getting ready to support the Pledge Drive on 88.5 FM
    The Bear is putting down the money to keep the best radio station in town goin' strong. Please give