• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Major AM DX opportunity now!

Everyone, both west and east coast, should be trying 1060 right now.

1060 - KRCN CO, Longmont; very strong over CKMX and everything else with Catholic Radio Network and KRCN IDs, Catholic Religious programming at 2000 PT 10/9. HAS TO BE on 50KW day power! If you need them, or even if you need Colorado, go get 'em!

I've got someone playing "You Really Got A Hold On Me" by Smokey Robinson and the Miracles under KYW on the Indiana SDR. Now just got Longmont

KRCN is dominant here in Northwest Arkansas. I heard the station ID at 11:59 PM CDT - seconds before 12:00 AM CDT.

Kegan

I'm on the beach at our usual spot southwest of Pensacola for a few days (and on the far fringe of the hurricane....but safe). The building I'm in is two doors down from where we usually stay. Which unfortunately is much more noisy, so DX is not an option. 1060 here at night is usually XEEP, with New Orleans underneath (if/when they're on the air). When WNOE was on the air as the New Orleans 1060, it was them 24/7. KYW is usually absent.

I did experience some interesting DX a few nights ago when I was in Panama City. The Chicago blowtorches all we.e sounding like locals. Complete with WSCR blowing out Cuba! On top of that CFZM was solidly on top of 740. Usually down here they're weak....if you can hear them at all. Also in Panama City R. Reloj was mixing with WWL and getting on top from time to time. Probably with an "assist" from convergence. WWL's day signal was rock solid.

Thank goodness you're not in the bullseye, which looks like Panama City and the beach at this point. Category 4, 145mph winds, unreal. NWS Tallahassee saying that a hurricane of this strength is unprecedented in this part of FL.

Thank goodness you're not in the bullseye, which looks like Panama City and the beach at this point. Category 4, 145mph winds, unreal. NWS Tallahassee saying that a hurricane of this strength is unprecedented in this part of FL.

Thanks to both you and radioman for your expressions of concern. We were very fortunate.

Where I was west of Pensacola there was less than an inch of rain along with some gusty winds and high surf, but by mid afternoon the sun came out, the wind eased, the surf dropped, and things actually morphed into a lovely afternon and evening. No visible damage or problems anywhere. For me, the worst part of it was...as mentioned earlier....that there was too much noise in the building for me to be able to do any DXing.

Back OT....

Last night, I was in Covington, Louisiana. Across Lake Ponchartrain from New Orleans (about 25 north-northwest of downtown). WLNO was present with a good-fair signal. I'm guessing they're now using their CP for 145 watts ND at night. Being about a mile from the brackish water lake probably helped. Whatever, I could easily null WLNO and hear XEEP and something else unidentifiable underneath. I don't think it was KYW.

KRCN is back to night power as I don't hear them tonight. It's the usual Calgary and someone with Regional Mexican, which I think is KFOY Sparks NV. KBZZ-1230 (ex-KSGG) has been heard a few times tonight on checks, under KDYM with 'Power 92.5' classic hip hop.

Have you -- or anyone, for that matter (here in the NW) -- ever heard KFOY actually ID? For the life of me, I've monitored them for up to an hour or more at a time, with CKMX nulled, and never seem to pull up an ID. That, and the fact they seem to have no web presence, makes it difficult to ID them anymore -- although I already have them IDed from when they were sports, and even before that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom