Radio 104.5 mystery - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Radio 104.5 mystery

Quote Originally Posted by Miguelito View Post
    WMGK is definitely not aiming for that demo with songs by Boston, Led Zeppelin, Chicago, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Kansas!
    In another thread, we've discussed the fact that 18-34 loves classic rock, but not classic hits. My theory is the younger demos hear this music they've never heard, and prefer it to current rock, which is largely derivative from classic rock. they may be tired and worn out to boomers, but they're fresh and new to millennials. The bad news is a lot of the bands are on retirement tours, so it's the last chance to see Bob Seger and Skynyrd.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    In another thread, we've discussed the fact that 18-34 loves classic rock, but not classic hits. My theory is the younger demos hear this music they've never heard, and prefer it to current rock, which is largely derivative from classic rock. they may be tired and worn out to boomers, but they're fresh and new to millennials. The bad news is a lot of the bands are on retirement tours, so it's the last chance to see Bob Seger and Skynyrd.
    Agree, I think the current model for new music is so cookie cutter and as stated earlier in this thread, cross pollinated that even people in the younger demo are searching for music that is made by musicians playing instruments and not just drum machines and synth. The world is eagerly awaiting the arrival of the next Kurt Cobain or Bruce Springsteen or Bob Dylan or Jimi Hendrix ect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12