I just viewed this sad post on the AZ100one FB page:

"It is with extreme sadness that we relay to you the loss of our morning man Rich Malone. He lost a two year battle with Sarcoma cancer over the weekend. Malone was not only the smiling voice on the other side of your speaker, he was the Yavapai Broadcasting Operations Manager overseeing six stations and personnel, IT and web master, and radio programmer for KVNA FM and AM. He was our steady beacon behind the scenes in our chaotic world of deadlines and on-location broadcasts. He was my loving husband, reliable and fun step father to my children, and mentor to myself and announcers throughout Northern Arizona’s radio past.
Malone in the Morning has been waking up Northern Arizona for over 30 years on The Heat, The Eagle, Sunny 97 and subsequently Sunny 100. He brought Triple A radio programming to Flagstaff in the 90’s on The Eagle playing music from The Grateful Dead, Dave Matthews Band, Sarah McLachlan, Joni Mitchell and The Beatles all on one station. He resurrected the format in 2015 on 100.one.
There will be other smiling voices, but there will always be only one Malone. A day of remembrance is forthcoming, listen and watch for details. Meanwhile, please join us in remembering him by doing as he would often suggest in closing each morning,…”be kind to others”.

Thank you,
Jules"

http://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/...80&oe=5C4549B3