• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KGO & KSFO Get New PD

https://news.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/headline_id=n36000

Another change happening at Cumulus San Francisco is Scotty Bastable as Director of Sales.

Veteran media sales executive Scotty Bastable is named VP/Director of Sales for Cumulus Media's cluster in San Francisco, effective November 15. Bastable was previously Agency and Corporate Development Manager for CBS 360 in San Francisco. Prior to that, he was General Sales Manager for crosstown KOIT-FM and Director of Sales for then Clear Channel Radio/San Francisco.
VP/Market Manager Doug Harvill said, "Scotty is a solid sales management leader who is admired by his employees, advertisers and competitors. I've both competed and worked with Scotty and I'd much rather work with him and have him on the Cumulus team. He will be an incredible asset to our stations and client partners.

Two very qualified and experienced people, but what can they do for KGO?

I don't know if KGO will be saved though given Cumulus itself has been talking about podcasts though to get the median demographics in. I understand Ben Shapiro was intended to increase the podcast audience size for cumulus and a simulcast on of Ben Shapiro's show on some of the Westwood One affiliates.
I don't know exactly what KGO Radio can do at this point though given that in the current era San Francisco Audiences have decided that KQED-FM is the good place to listen to Talk radio in the market/

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom