WBZ middays

Thread: WBZ middays

WBZ middays

For quite some time Tina Gao has been anchoring midday's on WBZ along with Nicole Davis. On Sunday morning I heard Tina anchoring.

This week there has been a rotating cast of male anchors, Mike Macklin on Monday, Charlie Sherman on Tuesday, Kendall Buhl on Wednesday and Art Cohen today.

Has there been a decision to pair up Nicole with a male anchor like morning and afternoon drive? If so, Tina will be missed on middays. IMHO, Tina is a great anchor. In fact, you could tell that she loved working at a legacy news station like WBZ.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidZ View Post
    For quite some time Tina Gao has been anchoring midday's on WBZ along with Nicole Davis. On Sunday morning I heard Tina anchoring.

This week there has been a rotating cast of male anchors, Mike Macklin on Monday, Charlie Sherman on Tuesday, Kendall Buhl on Wednesday and Art Cohen today.

Has there been a decision to pair up Nicole with a male anchor like morning and afternoon drive? If so, Tina will be missed on middays. IMHO, Tina is a great anchor. In fact, you could tell that she loved working at a legacy news station like WBZ.
    Tina had a medical procedure done the other day, I'm sure she will be back

https://www.facebook.com/OnAirwithTi...ntions&__xts__[0]=68.ARAQ6_YfLA55lp6SUn0XUZxv8YbKp70_F3X7Ux5burbOwU ByZlgigkpaSF5szX8ygQcQYNcLG5mNw6ZnCfg97cD_0dHQ3QtH nJvtaMuTOYpyNwW6KXWaxd3r3O06vvRH5hFxIjfC3jxuZ2JqSN SYbMm3Jb9Wo4TJVQGg8avTl2YOw8I4_a0l8pQ
    Last edited by MRBIboredop; 10-04-2018 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidZ View Post

Actually, for quite a few months now, i.e., even before the move out of 1170 SFR, a rotating cast of male anchors has been paired with Nicole, and then sometimes Nicole herself has to cover for Josh or Deb on The 'BZ Morning News. But like you, I thought the new Midday Team (post Mary and Rod) going forward was Nicole and Tina, but it soon changed to the present variable situation. I don't believe - I could be completely wrong - that Tina's non-regular showing on the Midday News had little to do with her medical procedure this week.

Tina is back after her 2 weeks off, with new headphones to boot compliments of Laurie Kirby

Former WBZ Radio Reporter Mina Greene returns to the morning shift at FRANK FM on the Cape.

From Radio Insight: CodComm Variety Hits “93.5 Frank-FM” WFRQ Mashpee/93.9 W230AW Hyannis/Cape Cod MA is reuniting Doug Frye and Mina Greene in mornings.

Frye and Greene previously spent two terms in mornings at “Cool 102” WCIB in the 1990s and early 2000s. Both were most recently working in news where Frye was a reporter for crosstown Cape Cod Broadcasting and Greene was a weekend anchor for 1030 WBZ Boston. Both have also worked at 92.7 WDRE Long Island.