WTDY and WBEB - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTDY and WBEB

Quote Originally Posted by Miguelito View Post
    It's of note that they even want a jock on at night. It's somewhat impressive that a station that isn't exactly lighting the world on fire is adding staff instead of laying people off.
    Since they're essentially in a CHR battle with Q102 now, it makes sense to battle a live, local, interactive show with a live, local, and interactive show. I'll never chide a company for spending more money on talent!

Quote Originally Posted by atthestars View Post
    Since they're essentially in a CHR battle with Q102 now, it makes sense to battle a live, local, interactive show with a live, local, and interactive show. I'll never chide a company for spending more money on talent!
    Agreed! Very refreshing to see a company understand the importance of (and invest in) talent. But...are they really in a CHR battle with Q102? They're typically a point(ish) apart in the pageant numbers and I don't think I've ever heard WTDY mentioned when discussing 18-34 results. I felt like Entercom steered them back toward CHR not because they wanted to (it obviously didn't work under CBS even with marketing) but because they have WBEB now. There's really no other format to try so making it something they can package with WBEB is the best option. (I wonder if WTDY will go a little more AC during the weeks when WBEB is doing all Christmas.)

Usually, flanker stations end up being treated like bastard step-children which is why I'm pleasantly surprised to hear that Big E is actually putting in an effort. I still hate that they couldn't come up with a better name than "TDY." It sounds like a symbol on the stock exchange!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12