• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

iHeart HD

Poledo

Star Participant
Lately 96.1 and 99.9 don't appear to have any HD sub channels. 94.9, 101.5 and 107.3 still have them, what happened?

How long has it been going? All the subchannels were there within a week ago because I had done a band-scan not too long ago.

Right now 94.9 has an HD2 that is dead air, 101.5 and 107.3 have no subchannels in addition to 99.9 and 96.1, and Cumulus' 104.1 HD is off too. Cat Country's HD was active but would not decode, either.

I also noticed what appear to be weaker than normal analog signals so this may be TV-repack related, or maintenance related. At least that is what I think for the iHeart stations and WDLT. Cat Country is probably just having HD troubles as per usual, ha ha.

The cost of maintaining HD in a already crowded market is a factor. The primary purpose is feeding the analog translators.

The few times I noticed the HD issues it was only affecting 99.9 and The Rocket so I figured something was up at the Spanish Fort tower. Now that the HD issue has expanded to KSJ, TK and the Beat on the Robertsdale tower... doesn't seem like repack issues would apply.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom