Double the Power

Thread: Double the Power

Double the Power

How has Power 92.3 Jamz not been forced to change yet? Does iheart not care? They've been on air for a while yet. I think it's very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Sikesmedia View Post
    How has Power 92.3 Jamz not been forced to change yet? Does iheart not care? They've been on air for a while yet. I think it's very odd.
    It's still calling itself Power, which I can't understand. In Rodney Ho's column at the start of the format, iHeart Market Manager Justin Schaflander said he was going to challenge this "through the appropriate channels."

Quote Originally Posted by RoddyFreeman View Post
    It's still calling itself Power, which I can't understand. In Rodney Ho's column at the start of the format, iHeart Market Manager Justin Schaflander said he was going to challenge this "through the appropriate channels."
    I read this too, but nothing has happened. I streamed them for an hour yesterday online and I must say, all the other Atlanta hip-hip stations are way better. Streetz 94.5 is top on my list behind V 103 and The Beat. It sounds cheap and has an odd music mix. Still a rebranding needs to be done because I could see it being confusing being in the market. They could simply drop Power and call it 92.3 Jamz or Jamz 92.3.

How many listeners does 92.3 have? About 20 total? Seriously, if I were sitting in iHeart's shoes, why waste the time & energy on this?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkW View Post
    How many listeners does 92.3 have? About 20 total? Seriously, if I were sitting in iHeart's shoes, why waste the time & energy on this?
    You have a point there. I also heard the people who are leasing that translator are way overpaying.

I still think Cumulus should change Q100 back to Power 99.

"When broadcasting over the radio, there are certain words we must omit.
    Like 'BEEP' and 'BUZZ' and 'GOBBLE-GOBBLE', by gosh we can't even say shhhhhaving cream!"