• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Harold Camping Programs Canceled by Family Radio and KEAR 610AM

Y2kTheNewOldies

Walk of Fame Participant
https://www.christianpost.com/news/...y-radio-says-teachings-not-scriptural-227627/

Yes Current Family Radio Management has ended the broadcasts from its former leader Harold Camping. Remember back in 2011 where Harold Camping for some reason decided to put billboards to tune to KEAR 610 AM near the Bay Bridge and it attracted attention nationally.

Family Radio has announced that it will stop airing past shows of its controversial former president and co-founder Harold Camping in October, after decades of his voice being a prominent presence in its broadcasts.

Camping served as president of Family Radio from 1958 until his death in 2013. He garnered controversy for his doomsday predictions and claiming that all churches had gone apostate.

Tom Evans, president and general manager of Family Radio, told The Christian Post in an interview on Wednesday that after Oct. 7, the radio station will no longer air Camping's programs.

"We decided as a team, as a board of directors, and as the leadership team to remove all of Mr. Camping's teachings," said Evans.

"Family Radio has come out of self-imposed isolation and we've repented from many of our former positions, date-setting the end of the world and all that, as well as the condemnation of the church."

Evans explained that Oct. 7 will be the last day that Camping's "Bible Class of the Air" program would be broadcast and that by Oct. 8, Family Radio was going to halt using excerpts from Camping's "Open Forum" call-in program.

Evans told CP that they were removing all of his content because even among the less controversial programming, "so much of it still contains elements that are very difficult."

"Rather than dwell in the past, it's time for us to move on and come into today. What can we do today as a ministry to encourage the Body of Christ? And that's really what we're focusing our attention on," Evans said.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/thefre...kills-off-camping-five-years-after-his-death/

This comes 5 years after the former leader of Family Radio and KEAR-AM Died.

Well the world wii come to an end, as we know it, at some point in the future. It was a lifeless rock for billions of years before humans "arrived" and will likely return to such at some point. Maybe global warming is prophecy and the annilation of all humans should be anticipated and welcomed.

Oooops I forgot to take my medication this morning, please disregard the aforementioned.

I'd have asked at the time: Did God account for Daylight Time with the 6pm prediction?
It wasn't just the Bay Area, those billboards were seen all over the country, even where Family Radio had no affiliates.
What struck me on that Friday, the day before the End of the World, is how calm and routine Family Radio's programming was. No breathless reporting in anticipation.

Well the world wii come to an end, as we know it, at some point in the future. It was a lifeless rock for billions of years before humans "arrived" and will likely return to such at some point. Maybe global warming is prophecy and the annilation of all humans should be anticipated and welcomed.

Oooops I forgot to take my medication this morning, please disregard the aforementioned.

Yes - I have nightmares realizing that somewhere around my 7,259, 654th birthday, the world - even our solar system, will cease to exist. Other than this small problem, I plan to live forever,

Why do I feel like hearing Zager & Evans?

I'd have asked at the time: Did God account for Daylight Time with the 6pm prediction?
It wasn't just the Bay Area, those billboards were seen all over the country, even where Family Radio had no affiliates.
What struck me on that Friday, the day before the End of the World, is how calm and routine Family Radio's programming was. No breathless reporting in anticipation.

What calendar were they using?

What calendar were they using?

At my age (66), I've watched the "end of the world" get predicted about a dozen times by now, by various religious nuts and "prophets." We're all still here...

The biggest danger for "end of the world" would be a large comet crashing into the earth, which is what most scientists believe has happened in the past, and was responsible for disastrously changing the climate and eliminating the dinosaurs and other species. No less that astrophysicist Neil DeGrasse Tyson (ironically, an agnostic) has sounded the alarm that we are doing nothing about this danger.

So perhaps the question is - what happens if "the world ends" and Jesus doesn't come?

So perhaps the question is - what happens if "the world ends" and Jesus doesn't come?

Simple. It's back to YouTube (or it's nearest remaining equivalent) for a recalculation under the clickbait title
"The REAL End of the World! Coming November 6th! Get Ready! You won't believe this SHOCKING revelation! OMG!"

Camping may have confused his own mortality for that of the planet's (which often happens to dying religious people with dementia coming on.) But Camping also had full control of a radio network that for some reason is still permitted to operate when other companies in the past had all their radio licenses stripped for much less. I remember when the FCC was stricter about these things.

They can mess around with the format, add CCM music, whatever. But it's still not going to undo the damage done.

If these stations had run air raid sirens, EBS tones and "special reports" from the end of the world, that would have been a big problem. As it was, on the "last day", Family Radio's programming couldn't have been more mundane. One must wonder if "licensee character" would have ever been a factor in license renewal.
"

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom