Alpha selling West Palm Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alpha selling West Palm Beach

Alpha selling West Palm Beach

https://www.rbr.com/hubbard-alpha-wpb/

Wow. That's a big, important cluster with lots of stations.

It's also a big fat check that they can use to pay down some debt.

As I recall some of those stations were once owned by CBS. But they've been bought & sold a few times.

I think it was CBS, Digity, Alpha and now Hubbard. But I might be missing some.

I know WRMF has a more "colorful" history before it became part of the group.

I wonder if a sale of Alpha's San Jose stations is not too far behind?

This should be a good opportunity for these stations. Hubbard has a decent reputation. I know it’s not likely going anywhere, but Brooke and Jubal really don’t fit on WIRK.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottBurns View Post
    I know it’s not likely going anywhere, but Brooke and Jubal really don’t fit on WIRK.
    It's an interesting conundrum for Hubbard, since the show originates at their Seattle station. But you're right, it doesn't fit at WIRK, and Hubbard typically eschews syndication, especially in morning drive.

So wait....these guys are in Seattle and do AM Drive in West Palm? How does that happen with the time difference?

Hubbard's paying $88 million for the Alpha West Palm Beach cluster:

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...st-palm-beach/

Any chance of a format flip to alt rock, the one thing missing in the market, I hoped iHeart Wzzr would flip but that hasnít happened

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by adambaer2879 View Post
    Any chance of a format flip to alt rock, the one thing missing in the market, I hoped iHeart Wzzr would flip but that hasnít happened
    Any changes are unlikely. The cluster got such a good price because it overperforms.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast