• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Dump the AM and keep the Translator?

I still think the FCC should allow AM stations the option of shutting down the AM as a way of clearing the band. But the commish has a different view.

I agree however with Translators being a secondary service, they are not guaranteed. What I can see is AM stations with a translator attempting to get the FCC to give translators primary status and then ask the FCC to allow for AM stations to keep the FM if they turn in the AM license. FCC Rules would need a re-write and every full power FM will create a stink, but FM translators for AM happened, so I think it might be possible in a few years.

Our '76 Gremlin is worth more than some Ancient Modulation stations. YIKES!

Our '76 Gremlin is worth more than some Ancient Modulation stations. YIKES!

Become the new Ted Tucker, buying up AM relics at pennies on the dollar...great idea.

"How do you become a millionaire in radio? Start with 2 million!"

Apologies for the duplicate post...

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom