• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Boston studio shuffles continue

I heard today that Beasley is now looking hard at moving into the 20 Guest St studios that Entercom is vacating as they move everything to the old TV38 building.

Interesting...the performance studio has become a common element in iHeart studios throughout the country. But what's missing in Boston, at least for now, is the sponsorship logo. The main purpose of the performance room, besides having a place to bring contest winners and showcase new bands, is to provide non-traditional revenue for the sales team. Similar to the iHeart Festival and the iHeart Awards.

Interesting...the performance studio has become a common element in iHeart studios throughout the country. But what's missing in Boston, at least for now, is the sponsorship logo. The main purpose of the performance room, besides having a place to bring contest winners and showcase new bands, is to provide non-traditional revenue for the sales team. .

Kind of like the broadcast booths around professional sports venues, whose names change depending on which team's announcers are using them?

Kind of like the broadcast booths around professional sports venues, whose names change depending on which team's announcers are using them?

Sure. Or all the advertising the team sells at the venue. Any time you do something that attracts an audience, whether you're a sports team, a recording artist, a politician, or a radio station, there is a possibility to sell access to that audience to a sponsor.

Sure. Or all the advertising the team sells at the venue. Any time you do something that attracts an audience, whether you're a sports team, a recording artist, a politician, or a radio station, there is a possibility to sell access to that audience to a sponsor.

I was listening to a ballgame on the radio this afternoon. The team "sells" all pitching changes during the game to a window replacement company. Well, the Baltimore pitcher lasted all of one-third of an inning, the Red Sox announcer read the window replacement spiel and commented afterward "I think we're going to be hearing a whole lot about (company's name) today!" The game finished 19-3, Red Sox, so I'd imagine that sponsor certainly got its money's worth.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom