• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Good News Everyone about Jaime Jarrin

H

Hot Hits

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Legendary Los Angeles Dodgers broadcaster Jaime Jarrin has become the 12th inductee into the team's Ring of Honor.

The longtime Spanish-language voice joined Vin Scully as the only other broadcaster with the honor. The 82-year-old's name will be permanently affixed to Dodger Stadium. Jarrin has been with the Dodgers for 62 years, joining the team in 1959 during their second season in Los Angeles. He was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1998 as the recipient of the Ford C. Frick award. On Thursday, the team extended his contract through the 2020 season. Another thing both he and Scully have in common -- they are both extremely humble.
"It's so hard to believe that I've been doing this for 60 years, 56 at this place -- a place that I call a second home," he said. "The Dodgers have been great. I want to thank them very much because through them, I am getting all this recognition. I don't know if I deserve this or not."

Jaime Jarrin and Vin Scully, the best baseball broadcasters of all time. They both know when to talk and to keep quiet and let the crowd tell the story. Congratulations!

Go Dodgers!

Jaime Jarrin and Vin Scully, the best baseball broadcasters of all time. They both know when to talk and to keep quiet and let the crowd tell the story. Congratulations!

Go Dodgers!

I agree. Jim Murray once wrote, very correctly, that Vin Scully was the greatest Dodger of them all. Jarrin is just as beloved in the Hispanic community as Vinny is everywhere, and I have also heard that their broadcasting styles are quite similar. If Vinny is the greatest Dodger of them all, then Jarrin is his able sidekick. And every time I have seen him interviewed (in English of course) over the years, he has come off as a truly humble gentleman.

And just like Vinny, his long-term service richly deserves to be recognized. He has literally introduced multiple generations of fans to the Dodgers and baseball in general.

I agree. Jim Murray once wrote, very correctly, that Vin Scully was the greatest Dodger of them all. Jarrin is just as beloved in the Hispanic community as Vinny is everywhere, and I have also heard that their broadcasting styles are quite similar. If Vinny is the greatest Dodger of them all, then Jarrin is his able sidekick. And every time I have seen him interviewed (in English of course) over the years, he has come off as a truly humble gentleman.

And just like Vinny, his long-term service richly deserves to be recognized. He has literally introduced multiple generations of fans to the Dodgers and baseball in general.

129 years combined broadcasting is just incredible. I truly believe that feat will never be broken, even the 67 by Vinny himself. Simply the best period and so fortunate to have heard Vinny on the radio and TV broadcasts for so many years.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom