• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Norm Gregory passed

Norm passed away this morning (Sat, 9/22) from complications related to diabetes. Many years in NW, including KPUG, KJRB, KJR, essentially the founder of KZOK, KJR-FM, Olympia Classic Rock and several other stops.

Wow, someone I actually remember. If that's not a sign I'm getting older, I don't know what is. I admit I don't remember him that well, may not even recognize the voice if I heard it, but he stuck out to me even when I was about four, working at KJR-FM at the time.

A Seattle legend.

While I'm only in my mid-30s, he had a couple of stints on the reinvented KJR in the 90s and 00s. I remember him well.

Sorry to hear that. Besides being a Seattle Radio legend, Norm was ahead of the times with his normgregory.com website. In fact, Norm was one of the original Vloggers, even live Vlogging from his home long before the days of YouTube.

I first heard Norm on KZOK. He was last doing voicetracks for KFMY prior to their flip to KOMO-FM, if I remember right.

Very sad to hear this. I grew up with Norm via the transmitters of KJR and KZOK. Condolences to Brian and the rest of his family.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom