104.7 nyc - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 104.7 nyc

I haven't been to the NYC area for a year, but I recall couple years ago that WSPK from Poughkeepsie was heard in Jersey City with a much decent signal, and once I was on the bridge overlooking MetLife stadium, it was very loud and clear(I can even hear it on my old portable radio!).

Now years later as more translators are popping up all over the dial, I wonder if WSPK can still be heard in certain parts of North Jersey despite the new 104.7 translator broadcasting from the new WTC...

Quote Originally Posted by ai4i View Post
    I should have listened to that video before I posted it.
    It is terrible; Charley sounds ill, and who is that other guy?
    Here is the version that I remember.
    The other guy is Neal McCoy, who recorded a few mediocre line-dance fodder hits in the mid-'90s as the new traditionalist renaissance was being swallowed up by dance-floor dumbing down. The most memorable thing about him was his Filipino descent. Maybe that's what inspired the pairing with the groundbreaking Pride.

WRNJ 1510 AM, in Hackettstown NJ has sent a letter to the FCC indicating they are preparing a formal complaint of "substantial" interference to their 104.7 FM translator, from the one being discussed in this thread. So perhaps the testing will continue for quite some time, while this is being sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    WRNJ 1510 AM, in Hackettstown NJ has sent a letter to the FCC indicating they are preparing a formal complaint of "substantial" interference to their 104.7 FM translator, from the one being discussed in this thread. So perhaps the testing will continue for quite some time, while this is being sorted out.
    That is not good

Quote Originally Posted by CurtisNEPA View Post
    I haven't been to the NYC area for a year, but I recall couple years ago that WSPK from Poughkeepsie was heard in Jersey City with a much decent signal, and once I was on the bridge overlooking MetLife stadium, it was very loud and clear(I can even hear it on my old portable radio!).

Now years later as more translators are popping up all over the dial, I wonder if WSPK can still be heard in certain parts of North Jersey despite the new 104.7 translator broadcasting from the new WTC...
    The biggest threat to this translator is pirate radio. 104.7 is a very popular frequency for pirates throughout the area. There is a very strong one in the Newark area that wipes out the translator.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    WRNJ 1510 AM, in Hackettstown NJ has sent a letter to the FCC indicating they are preparing a formal complaint of "substantial" interference to their 104.7 FM translator, from the one being discussed in this thread.
    Here's the link to that letter: https://licensing.fcc.gov/cdbs/CDBS_...um=1&exhcnum=2

It includes interference complaints from 35 listeners, one of which is Bobby Caldwell, known for the 1979 hit "What You Won't Do for Love", which he says gets regular airplay on WRNJ.
    Last edited by kevtronics; 10-10-2018 at 09:06 PM.

Betw Hazleton and Pottsville PA ; Allentown closest market
    Merely for the sake of references:

https://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pa...service=AM&h=D

We live a full inch due west off this R-L map. So WRNJ's 1510 signal has been heard here *once*. And it took a cat-whisker null of our downstate WWSM 1510 to have that WRNJ ID peek through.

Reference #2 : WRNJ once made the Allentown ratings at # 10. That was back when Arbitron listed all the 12+ station ratings, not just those of the subscribers. That showing is quite impressive for what amounted to an essentially daytime AM signal. IIrc, at the time, WRNJ had only one translator.

In its letter to the FCC, WRNJ requested that it order the "Suspension of operations [of the translator]...due to the devastating interference..."
    Normally, doesn't the owner of a translator faced with a serious interference complaint shut it down, at least temporarily, without waiting for an F.C.C. order?
    This reminds me of the attempt a few years ago to operate a translator on 106.3 from the skyscraper at 4 Times Square. When Press Communications, owner of WKMK complained of interference, it was quickly switched off, never to return. It is apparently extremely difficult to operate a translator from a tall building in Manhattan, without causing interference to an existing facility.

Plea to Listeners: http://wrnjradio.com/programming/201...form-104-7-fm/
    Last edited by Barry; 10-12-2018 at 03:01 PM.

Why are they allowed to have 2 translators? Their logo shows them on 92.7 as well as 104.7.
    Brammy

My Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mpbramhall82

My Retail Message Board: http://amesfanclub.com/forum/index.php

My Writing Portfolio: https://www.Writing.Com/authors/slydogg

Tune into The Freestyle Lives Show hosted by Da Bad Boy Richie Rich Sunday Nights 7PM-9PM (Eastern) on La Mega 101.7 (910) in Hartford and La Mega 94.9 (890) in Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcB View Post
    Why are they allowed to have 2 translators? Their logo shows them on 92.7 as well as 104.7.
    If the translator fits within the rules set forth for translators on AM stations, they can have as many as they want.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast