Madison Beer - Home With You
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Madison Beer - Home With You

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Newton,MA
    Posts
    291

    Madison Beer - Home With You

    Some stations are illegally playing the explicit version of this #18-peaking pop song during the daytime, including some major market CHRs during syndicated shows. The stations in question play the censored versions of all other songs, but not this for some reason. Is this normal?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Woodinville, WA sorta
    Posts
    43
    It's not actionable by the FCC if nobody officially complains. And that song is so godawful that maybe nobody who would care is actually listening?

    This is actually a pretty fun read, at least for a government document. https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides...ane-broadcasts

  3. #3
    It depends on their source for the music. Most broadcast sources, such as PlayMPE or TM HitDiscs clearly mark if its a remix or not. If it's during syndicated shows, then it's usually up to the syndicator to use the correct version for broadcast. HitDisc only offers one version, which is labeled "XTra Clean." I imagine that's the censored version. So obviously it's available.

    My suggestion is to contact the station directly about it. They should have access to the clean version.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Campbell, TX
    Posts
    530
    does the song contain any of the 7 dirty words that the late George Carlin say you can't say on TV or radio

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Will_H_69_9 View Post
    does the song contain any of the 7 dirty words that the late George Carlin say you can't say on TV or radio
    It has the "s" word in the second verse. Then again, so does "Jet Airliner" by the Steve Miller Band, and AFAIK there is no edited version.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    It has the "s" word in the second verse. Then again, so does "Jet Airliner" by the Steve Miller Band, and AFAIK there is no edited version.
    Yes, there is. It substitutes "kicks" for that word and was the version played on many Top 40 stations back in the day.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by CTListener View Post
    Yes, there is. It substitutes "kicks" for that word and was the version played on many Top 40 stations back in the day.
    You are correct...that's the single version, which is also a full minute shorter. Rock stations played the album version, and I still hear that version played on some classic rock and adult hits stations today. Once again, it depends on their source for music.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    You are correct...that's the single version, which is also a full minute shorter. Rock stations played the album version, and I still hear that version played on some classic rock and adult hits stations today. Once again, it depends on their source for music.
    The Pink Floyd hit "Money" had "bull****" in the version played on most AOR stations, "bull" with the offensive second half of the word snipped out on Top 40.

    And then, there was the infamous "chicken rock" edit of Paul Simon's "Kodachrome," in which the "girls I knew" from the second verse is brought into the first verse to pinch-hit for "crap I learned," even though "crap" has never been a banned word. The butchered version was most often heard on AC stations and Top 40s in ultraconservative markets or with ultraconservative ownership. AOR airplay wasn't a consideration as "Kodachrome" was a lightweight pop ditty.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




     
Our Conferences
Useful Contacts
Community


Contact Us