• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Madison Beer - Home With You

Some stations are illegally playing the explicit version of this #18-peaking pop song during the daytime, including some major market CHRs during syndicated shows. The stations in question play the censored versions of all other songs, but not this for some reason. Is this normal?

It depends on their source for the music. Most broadcast sources, such as PlayMPE or TM HitDiscs clearly mark if its a remix or not. If it's during syndicated shows, then it's usually up to the syndicator to use the correct version for broadcast. HitDisc only offers one version, which is labeled "XTra Clean." I imagine that's the censored version. So obviously it's available.

My suggestion is to contact the station directly about it. They should have access to the clean version.

It has the "s" word in the second verse. Then again, so does "Jet Airliner" by the Steve Miller Band, and AFAIK there is no edited version.

Yes, there is. It substitutes "kicks" for that word and was the version played on many Top 40 stations back in the day.

Yes, there is. It substitutes "kicks" for that word and was the version played on many Top 40 stations back in the day.

You are correct...that's the single version, which is also a full minute shorter. Rock stations played the album version, and I still hear that version played on some classic rock and adult hits stations today. Once again, it depends on their source for music.

You are correct...that's the single version, which is also a full minute shorter. Rock stations played the album version, and I still hear that version played on some classic rock and adult hits stations today. Once again, it depends on their source for music.

The Pink Floyd hit "Money" had "bull****" in the version played on most AOR stations, "bull" with the offensive second half of the word snipped out on Top 40.

And then, there was the infamous "chicken rock" edit of Paul Simon's "Kodachrome," in which the "girls I knew" from the second verse is brought into the first verse to pinch-hit for "crap I learned," even though "crap" has never been a banned word. The butchered version was most often heard on AC stations and Top 40s in ultraconservative markets or with ultraconservative ownership. AOR airplay wasn't a consideration as "Kodachrome" was a lightweight pop ditty.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom