• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

K287BQ shut down

The PC Police can't take a joke.

I just can't see this station surviving being sandwiched between KTWL and KXXF.

You are correct on K287BQ been sandwich between KTWL and KXXF, two horrible rimshot stations that will never make it into Houston. Hope Centro can get their station back.

It would be better for KTWL or KXXF to buy K287BQ if either ever wants to cover Houston.

You are correct on K287BQ been sandwich between KTWL and KXXF, two horrible rimshot stations that will never make it into Houston. Hope Centro can get their station back.

It would be better for KTWL or KXXF to buy K287BQ if either ever wants to cover Houston.

One of these produces so little income the owner can't afford it. The other is leased out to a third party running it as a classic country station and producing substantial revenue...enough so the owner has no desire to try to cover Houston. So I seriously doubt either one will buy it.

KXXF is not leased..its owned by John Walton himself and yes he would like it to cover Houston...he battled the xlator as it interfered with KXXF in Baytown..

CW, where are the studios for KXXF?

Listened to them on the way from Houston to Port Arthur today. Audio quality could be improved greatly.

The Commission also dismissed CENTRO CRISTIANO DE VIDA ETERNA's application to get K287BQ/HOUSTON back on the air with reduced power after interference complaints forced it to go silent; the STA application proposed a reorientation of the antenna to avoid the locations of the complaining listeners.

And neither KTWL nor KXXF will get closer to Houston due to 104.9 and 105.7..never gonna happen...even if 105.3 is a clean channel with no xlators

I10 north of the railroad tracks...office building on feeder before ENTERGY west end yard and McDs .
So what's wrong with the audio quality?

The afternoon I was driving between Winnie and Port Arthur, Gary Lee Love’s show sounded distorted. One morning the W&J show was on only the right channel. Those types of issues.

With K287BQ off the air, I was able to pick up KTWL down in the city last night, near I-10 and Beltway 8. That signal gets out pretty well when there's no illegally-operating translator to get in its way...

The afternoon I was driving between Winnie and Port Arthur, Gary Lee Love’s show sounded distorted. One morning the W&J show was on only the right channel. Those types of issues.

Ah, well that's studio or something else..wish he would buy my 6300 Optimod to replace the 8200..it kicks butt but looks like its staying on 1300 ;)..But the distortion was probably bad levels recording the voice track, etc...
One channel dropped was either sat or something else

The Commission also dismissed CENTRO CRISTIANO DE VIDA ETERNA's application to get K287BQ/HOUSTON back on the air with reduced power after interference complaints forced it to go silent; the STA application proposed a reorientation of the antenna to avoid the locations of the complaining listeners.

Looks like they filed another engineering amendment...it just showed in the daily digest..havent had a chance to look at it yet

Looks like they filed another engineering amendment...it just showed in the daily digest..havent had a chance to look at it yet
It still causes problems for people on the west side. KTWL is listenable towards Katy (or at least used to be before their last tower failure). Based on demographics, I'd assume Texas Mix would have some listeners to protect in that area.

Centro should just give up and change channels. There is absolutely no way to cover any part of the metro area without causing interference.

I live in Conroe/Woodlands area and drive to B/CS for work periodically. Once I get past Montgomery, I always put it on KTWL. Love the station. On my way home tonight, I was actually able to listen to it all the way home with very little static. So I thought I'd jump on here and see if I missed anything. This thread is the best news I've seen in a while. Good riddance DaBang/Centro.

I live in Conroe/Woodlands area and drive to B/CS for work periodically. Once I get past Montgomery, I always put it on KTWL. Love the station. On my way home tonight, I was actually able to listen to it all the way home with very little static. So I thought I'd jump on here and see if I missed anything. This thread is the best news I've seen in a while. Good riddance DaBang/Centro.

Dont blame DaBang..they were only leasing the signal...and owner Mike is a real great guy to work with. Centro is the issue...Dabang had problems dealing with them..

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom