• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WOGL Playlist

I'm sorry, but rotating 800-888 songs is much better than rotating 300-310 songs.

CBS-FM plays about 300 of those songs in late nights and overnights only and as fill. In the 6 AM to 7 PM hours, the playlist is around 500 songs.

During the Jay Coffey era, KRTH played like what, 415 songs? it could have been 480, maybe 500?

And today there are less than 350 songs on KRTH, and the best PPM numbers ever.

At what point does a KRTH drop songs like Sweet Home Alabama, Old Time Rock & Roll and Carry On Wayward Son for being too old?

At what point does a KRTH drop songs like Sweet Home Alabama, Old Time Rock & Roll and Carry On Wayward Son for being too old?

... when they quit testing well in the target demo!

For some people Sweet Home Alabama has nothing to do with the 70s, it's as timeless as the National Anthem. That's what I find amazing about certain songs. They defy time and logic, and become anthems for people. just play the opening piano riff of Old Time Rock & Roll at a concert, and everyone in the audience will sing the rest of the song.

Amazingly enough "Sweet Home Alabama" holds up even with outdated references to Watergate, Governor Wallace and was an answer to a Neil Young song that was 4 years old in 1974.

For some people Sweet Home Alabama has nothing to do with the 70s, it's as timeless as the National Anthem. That's what I find amazing about certain songs. They defy time and logic, and become anthems for people. just play the opening piano riff of Old Time Rock & Roll at a concert, and everyone in the audience will sing the rest of the song.

I'm sorry, but rotating 800-888 songs is much better than rotating 300-310 songs.

This is a common misconception, I've heard this from many ex music directors, see that I emphasized the word "ex"?

It's not about quantity, it's about quality of what works for the format and what tests better for that demo. The general public relates to what they know, and what they know is usually between 200 to 500...ish? Songs depending on the format and demo it attracts.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom