WOGL Playlist - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: WOGL Playlist

  1. #21
    Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    37,275
    Quote Originally Posted by ATSFGuy View Post

    I'm sorry, but rotating 800-888 songs is much better than rotating 300-310 songs.
    CBS-FM plays about 300 of those songs in late nights and overnights only and as fill. In the 6 AM to 7 PM hours, the playlist is around 500 songs.

    During the Jay Coffey era, KRTH played like what, 415 songs? it could have been 480, maybe 500?
    And today there are less than 350 songs on KRTH, and the best PPM numbers ever.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

  2. #22
    eriedj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    394
    At what point does a KRTH drop songs like Sweet Home Alabama, Old Time Rock & Roll and Carry On Wayward Son for being too old?
    Former Radio DJ (25 years)
    Current: Full-Time Wedding & Event DJ Entertainer (22 years and counting )
    John Gallagher Wedding & Special Event Entertainment

  3. #23
    Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    37,275
    Quote Originally Posted by eriedj View Post
    At what point does a KRTH drop songs like Sweet Home Alabama, Old Time Rock & Roll and Carry On Wayward Son for being too old?
    ... when they quit testing well in the target demo!
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

  4. #24
    For some people Sweet Home Alabama has nothing to do with the 70s, it's as timeless as the National Anthem. That's what I find amazing about certain songs. They defy time and logic, and become anthems for people. just play the opening piano riff of Old Time Rock & Roll at a concert, and everyone in the audience will sing the rest of the song.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    10,837
    Amazingly enough "Sweet Home Alabama" holds up even with outdated references to Watergate, Governor Wallace and was an answer to a Neil Young song that was 4 years old in 1974.


    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    For some people Sweet Home Alabama has nothing to do with the 70s, it's as timeless as the National Anthem. That's what I find amazing about certain songs. They defy time and logic, and become anthems for people. just play the opening piano riff of Old Time Rock & Roll at a concert, and everyone in the audience will sing the rest of the song.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by ATSFGuy View Post
    I'm sorry, but rotating 800-888 songs is much better than rotating 300-310 songs.
    This is a common misconception, I've heard this from many ex music directors, see that I emphasized the word "ex"?

    It's not about quantity, it's about quality of what works for the format and what tests better for that demo. The general public relates to what they know, and what they know is usually between 200 to 500...ish? Songs depending on the format and demo it attracts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




     
Our Conferences
Useful Contacts
Community


Contact Us