• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Automation problems

vchimpanzee

Walk of Fame Participant
WNAM Oshkosh WI has been having problems all day. It went out on iHeart but I was able to get it restarted. Then it went out--on the DVR--when my computer froze. That has happened once before. I don't think it's a coincidence. But when I restarted iHeart on the DVR it went out quickly, so maybe something was wrong on their end, unless something was still recovering on my end.

I think the problems started before I lost iHeart. I heard the noon news starting up a few minutes before noon, and news and music playing at the same time.

When I gave up on the DVR and started listening on the computer, there was no top of the hour station ID and no network news. I got to hear some good songs I don't normally get to hear because they have news normally. I later noticed there were no station IDs either. At one point I did hear them advertise a show on Saturday morning and do a weather forecast.

KKOV used to have problems like these, but WNAM has a more professional operation. Normally.

I don't know if this is the online version or over-the-air but WEZV has played several songs multiple times today, and in some cases the same group of two or three songs multiple times.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom