Canadian Longley-Rice Program

Thread: Canadian Longley-Rice Program

Canadian Longley-Rice Program

All-

Some time ago, there was a discussion regarding a free Longley-Rice model program by, I believe, the Canadian government. It might have been called "lrcov" or something similiar. I've been searching but can't find it. Could someone please provide a link? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by EngineeringDog View Post
    All-

Some time ago, there was a discussion regarding a free Longley-Rice model program by, I believe, the Canadian government. It might have been called "lrcov" or something similiar. I've been searching but can't find it. Could someone please provide a link? Thank you!
    Here's the discussion:

https://www.radiodiscussions.com/sho...age-Calculator

The web site seems to be gone. There is a little info here:

https://flintbox.com/public/project/5588/

Be advised the FCC won't accept applications that use the Canadian Longley-Rice version. After each calculation there is an Eh? at the end. I'd do an ABOOT face.

Google recently raised their rates websites have to pay to use their Maps program. Radio-Locator recently had this problem and switched back to the old school green maps for us philistines who don't have a subscription.

My guess is Google tried to raise the rates on them. Being a government organization working on a fixed budget, and as the Longley-Rice coverage generator relied upon Google Maps, they just shut the whole thing down. Whether Google lowers their rates or they produce a coverage map generator that doesn't require Google is yet to be seen.

I, for one, miss the Canadian L-R Coverage Map Generator. Hopefully it makes a comeback.
    As we used to say down in ol' Mexico City...A.M.F.!