What do you think will happen at CBS now that Moonves is out.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you think will happen at CBS now that Moonves is out.

What do you think will happen at CBS now that Moonves is out.

Everyone who is reading this thread is now aware that Les Moonves is now out as the CEO of CBS as he just recently stepped down due to the Sexual Misconduct allegations against him (A detailed thread on this forum can be found at - https://www.radiodiscussions.com/sho...-of-Misconduct which gives the details up until now). What do you think will happen next with Moonves now gone from CBS.

Some of what I can possibly see happening.

Julie Chen (Who is married to Les) will definitely end up on real shaky ground (If she is even lucky) due to her publicly supporting Moonves and standing by his side and will be seen as being compromised by both the viewers and the CBS Board of Directors. I don't see her lasting too long at the network (Is likely forced out the door very quickly) even if she does divorce and permanently sever all ties with Moonves the damage is done.
    Jeff Fager the executive producer will likely see himself fired or if he is even remotely lucky be forced to resign (His career in television news is likely close to finished).

What could you see happening?

Shari Redstone and the National Amusements Board wants a CEO of CBS who will agree to the merger of Viacom.

Just to save some face, I'll be shocked if she shows up on set tomorrow for The Talk. She wouldn't be ostracized as her husband or Jeff Fager, but she'll land on her feet at another network, if she does choose to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnHill1 View Post
    Just to save some face, I'll be shocked if she shows up on set tomorrow for The Talk. She wouldn't be ostracized as her husband or Jeff Fager, but she'll land on her feet at another network, if she does choose to leave.
    But she will take some real heat for just having taken sides with her husband on the allegations and there will be some serious questions on how much she knew about the misconduct if she even does know anything about it before they had became public. For her to be able to land on her feet at another network it will be a likely uphill battle and she will need to definitely prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she knew nothing and would need to get a divorce as well.

Also, what happens to Big Brother? Will 'Chenbot' as the fans call her, leave the hosting position? Could we see a veteran houseguest HOSTING the show before we know it? Please god don't let it be Frankie Grande ;-)
    757 AM's in the log, 656 FMs (250 from Western WA), That's a DXer!
    FM, AM and SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!
    Last New FM Log: KWEN 95.5 Tulsa OK (7/23/18 Es)
    Last New AM Log: 1100 WTAM Cleveland, OH; 2/9/18

Having been a fan of the Star Trek franchise for almost my entire life, I dearly hope that whomever is selected to succeed Moonves, that She/He will DO SOMETHING about fixing that hot steaming pile of @#$% that is Star Trek "Discovery".

For years, I used to think that Scott Bakula's wooden acting killed the franchise. Now...that's NOTHING compared to the damage Moonves has done!

Viacom will merge the companies together again and put in a CEO, and Board, that will place the Redstone's interests ahead of those of the other shareholders.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher101media View Post
    But she will take some real heat for just having taken sides with her husband on the allegations and there will be some serious questions on how much she knew about the misconduct if she even does know anything about it before they had became public. For her to be able to land on her feet at another network it will be a likely uphill battle and she will need to definitely prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she knew nothing and would need to get a divorce as well.
    She's already taking some heat by, to paraphrase the late, great Tammy Wynette..."standing by her man" publicly...behind closed doors, who knows what and where their marriage is at this point. It certainly won't as easy for her to land at another network (one that has major viewership, anyway), but she made her own career and wealth before getting involved with Moonves, so I think Chen wouldn't be in a hurry to work anytime soon, if she were to leave CBS altogether.

Let's not forget that with The Talk, it's really Sara Gilbert's baby; you kinda have to feel for her in way, first with the Roseanne nonsense, and now one of her co-hosts is put in a real precarious situation thanks to the co-host's husband (and boss).

Viacom will merge the companies together again and put in a CEO, and Board, that will place the Redstone's interests ahead of those of the other shareholders.
    I believe that's the eventual game-plan, although as part of the recent settlement between CBS and National Amusements, CBS and Viacom can't talk merger for at least two years.

They'll plug another warm body into his chair and things will progress
    pretty much as they had before.

Perhaps a bit more corporate virtue signaling (like launching StartTV with procedural
    dramas featuring "strong women") to try and indicate that they've changed.

I think any executive who does this stuff going forward and thinks he isn't going to get
    caught eventually is a damned fool.
    Last edited by FreddyE1977; 09-10-2018 at 02:35 PM. Reason: correct typo

Ms. Chen understandably was not on The Talk today. They said she is spending time with her family. The remaining 4 panelists - Sharon Osbourne, Sara Gilbert, Sheryl Underwood, and Eve said their piece on the story.
    Brammy

My Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mpbramhall82

My Retail Message Board: http://amesfanclub.com/forum/index.php

My Writing Portfolio: https://www.Writing.Com/authors/slydogg

Tune into The Freestyle Lives Show hosted by Da Bad Boy Richie Rich Sunday Nights 7PM-9PM (Eastern) on La Mega 101.7 (910) in Hartford and La Mega 94.9 (890) in Boston.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast