Another music tweak for KLOS?

Thread: Another music tweak for KLOS?

Another music tweak for KLOS?

Nothing major, and I'm not sure when this first occurred, but in reviewing music logs for KLOS for the past several days, I'm seeing a boost in spins for 90's & 00's tunes. Even a couple artists with current material are getting spins (Greta Van Fleet, most notably). They seem to be playing about 3 songs from the not-as-old categories an hour...on average.

I like this adjustment. It brings KLOS more in line with how the station sounded two years ago.

Interestingly, didn't seem to benefit as much from the demise of 100.3 The Sound as one might expect. The station basically moved from about a 2 share in ages 6+ into the mid & upper 2's.

Jack FM - which is sounding a lot like San Diego's 100.7 these days - seems to have picked up as many or more listeners.

sounds good... like the sound!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkW View Post
    Nothing major, and I'm not sure when this first occurred, but in reviewing music logs for KLOS for the past several days, I'm seeing a boost in spins for 90's & 00's tunes. Even a couple artists with current material are getting spins (Greta Van Fleet, most notably). They seem to be playing about 3 songs from the not-as-old categories an hour...on average.

I like this adjustment. It brings KLOS more in line with how the station sounded two years ago.

Interestingly, didn't seem to benefit as much from the demise of 100.3 The Sound as one might expect. The station basically moved from about a 2 share in ages 6+ into the mid & upper 2's.

Jack FM - which is sounding a lot like San Diego's 100.7 these days - seems to have picked up as many or more listeners.
    but thats just my opinion!

On 100.3 The Sound, their slogan was "Album Rock, True Variety."

I think the Sound did a better job promoting Classic Rock than KLOS did.
    Last edited by ATSFGuy; 09-15-2018 at 11:49 PM.