August Ratings
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: August Ratings

Countdown to "A" telling us how great 98.9 is doing in three, two...

But it still can't beat the Wolf...8th place this month. I see The Jet dropped down to 4th as 94.9 and 97.3 climb up the ratings - thanks to the never-ending roller coaster that is the news cycle. And look - the automated iHeart Christian music on 104.9 gets some 0.1 love, finally. Not as good as 'South Sound's Smooth Jazz' however, lol. The Sound is taking nice bites out of WARM, just 3/10ths of a point below them.
    No KNWR, but a few PPM people listen to NWPR through 88.9 KSWS down in Chehalis, which is sitting at 0.1 this month.
    757 AM's in the log, 656 FMs (250 from Western WA), That's a DXer!
    FM, AM and SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!
    Last New FM Log: KWEN 95.5 Tulsa OK (7/23/18 Es)
    Last New AM Log: 1100 WTAM Cleveland, OH; 2/9/18

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by crainbebo View Post
    But it still can't beat the Wolf...8th place this month.
    After making the normal "12+ numbers are meaningless" reminder, I'd also add that it's absolutely not necessary to be #1 or to beat a particular competitor to be successful. As long as a station has an appreciable audience in the target demo for agency and transactional accounts, they can be highly profitable. And for direct sales, as long as there are enough listeners to make an impression at the cash register, a station can do well.

Keep in mind that those recent 0.1 showings are predominantly there because of Nielsen's change in Minimum Reporting Standards whereby any subscribed station that has any reported cume will get an automatic "thank you for participating" 0.1 share.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Piotrowski View Post
    Countdown to "A" telling us how great 98.9 is doing in three, two...
    They haven't changed formats yet, have they? In fact they're fairly competitive. They have a full staff of local talent. They're making appearances at all the summer concerts and festivals. And they've exceeded the ratings from the previous format. Meanwhile, the Wolf is still below where KMPS was one year ago.

I was looking at the ratings in other markets, and I noticed that station streams were showing up at the bottom, Philidelphia having a large number of them. I'm surprised that's not happening hear yet. I remember KUOW used to have its stream show up, but that disappeared long ago, and hasn't reappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by bobdavcav View Post
    I was looking at the ratings in other markets, and I noticed that station streams were showing up at the bottom, Philidelphia having a large number of them. I'm surprised that's not happening hear yet. I remember KUOW used to have its stream show up, but that disappeared long ago, and hasn't reappeared.
    Nielsen changed its Minimum Reporting Standards in June, and starting with the July book any encoded service of a subscribed local client that has valid cume (meaning, at least one qualifying listening incident by one meter carrying panelist) gets you a "thanks for participating" 0.1 share.
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post
    [FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="3"]

After making the normal "12+ numbers are meaningless" reminder, I'd also add that it's absolutely not necessary to be #1 or to beat a particular competitor to be successful.
    Oh David, you're such a buzz-kill..

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly A View Post
    Oh David, you're such a buzz-kill..
    Someone has to do it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast