• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

August Radio Ratings

However, the station is an effective cross-promotion partner for the co-owned TV channel, which is likely he beneficiary of the radio success.

Perhaps true. But with all due respect and not trying to be a smart-a**, all that accomplishes is bring more "undesirable demo" eyeballs to the TV side. Although, granted, the TV medium does attract more business from drug companies, reverse mortgage companies, insurance, security systems, etc.

As for "MeTV-FM", their overhead has to very low . It's a glorified iPod. They do have a mix of local advertisers, so my guess is that while they're not getting in on the big agency buys, they've found a comfort zone where they can turn a modest profit. I think they're doing a rather nice job on all fronts.

Last edited:
Perhaps true. But with all due respect and not trying to be a smart-a**, all that is bring more "undesirable demo" eyeballs to the TV side. Although, granted, the TV medium does attract more business from drug companies, reverse mortgage companies, insurance, security systems, etc.

Exactly...advertisers have determined that TV is a more effective platform than radio for those products, primarily because they can buy 2 minute ads filled with a lot of legal information.

Terrific ratings for both 97.1 The Drive and 94.7 WLS-FM. The latter has suddenly turned into quite the player in Adults 25-54. Cumulus appears to have done an impressively effective job repositioning the station in the post-WLUP era. This would seem to suggest The Loop under Cumulus ownership wasn't used to its maximum potential, and in fact, probably should've been programmed with a different music format so as to prevent siphoning potential listening from 94.7.

Speaking of repositioning, iFart's changes to 93.9 don't seem to be panning out too well. 100.3 WSHE is now the fun, upbeat AC station and 93.9 has become the dentist office station. I am not sure what iHeart was thinking. They have a mediocre AC station with poor demos and a miserable failure of a Country station to combo with WKSC - the only non-Urban station of theirs with decent ratings.

Seems a year or so ago....WTMX was at the top of the ratings. Seems to have slipped a bit overall 6+

Anything going on at that station? Or did they just have their day in the sun...and now people have moved on?

Thoughts?

Looks like with todays ratings WTMX has slipped even further (6+, yeah, I know...)

Are they (slowly) losing their lock on Chicago?

Adult-friendly CHR product has hit a rough patch. A number of large & major market Hot AC station have seen minor ratings slippage lately.

Sister station SHE 100.3 leaves little room for WTMX to re-position musically.

No big deal, really. The Mix still is posting outstanding ratings; they are just a little less outstanding than normal!

The morning show is doing well.

Mid-days seem to be the weakest link. It's the only day part NOT in the Top 10.

I guess are their better options on other form middays on other music radio stations, you might be surprised that the Mix did hit middays the last report for this one being the months of July or going into August, but when you look at Robert Feder's report for the mid August to mid September, here are the stations that got into the top tens that also include ties

. WLS 94.7-FM Greg Brown 6.7 (6.3)
2. WVAZ 102.7-FM Bioncé Foxx 5.3 (5.5)
3. WOJO 105.1-FM Rafael “El Primo Rafa” Bautista 5.2 (5.0)
4. WDRV 97.1-FM Bob Stroud 5.0 (5.7)
5. WBBM 780-AM/WCFS 105.9-FM Cisco Cotto and Kris Kridel 4.3 (4.1)
6. WRME 87.7-FM, 4.0 (3.9)
7. WLIT 93.9-FM Robin Rock 3.8 (3.6)
8. (tie) WUSN 99.5-FM Drew Walker 3.7 (3.4); WXRT 93.1-FM Terri Hemmert; Marty Lennartz 3.7 (3.4)
10. WSHE 100.3-FM Lisa Kosty 3.5 (3.4)

For example, Robin Rock's midday show is the only time WLIT is in the Top 10.

She has always been a poplar dj when the station has been known as the Lite. And pretty much I believe their best ratings come when they make the switch to Christmas music, and then once the Christmas music is done for the year, so is their ratings. The dis that are on weekdays are Lori Bradley, Melissa Forman, Robin Rock, Mick Lee, Delilah, and The Rendezvous that is hosted by Simon Marcel, who for a period of time hosted a show on WGN Radio, under a different in air last name in less that was really his last name, and then he dropped it, and Marcel might be his middle name. Bur really the rest of the year their playlist are music from 1980's to now. In less you like 80's to now music, or any o the dis that are on the station, why else would you listen to the Lite the rest of the year. Through mark my words, I am sure once they make their switch to Christmas music, that is when their best ratings will come in, and you will hear artists like Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, Bing Crosby, Perry Como, and I am sure other names that had recored Christmas music, that otherwise the rest of the year those artists that I named wouldn't be be heard singing their non Christmas songs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom